Wednesday, September 26, 2018

National Pancake Day!

Pancakes can be so diverse. One of the most interesting ones I’ve made was German spinach with hollandaise sauce. It was from an old German book. Really good, but I hadn’t thought too much about savory pancakes. (The regular kind, not something like latkes.) I love the cinnamon roll pancakes from Elmer’s. Combining both of those makes it fun. I remember my mom occasionally making pancakes with different things added each time. One time it was blueberries, another bananas and chocolate, another jam, etc. Made it interesting. She used Bisquik as the batter base. Made it easy. 

Got through the Accusative unit, and halfway through the V.Pres 1 unit for Russian. Again, still no speaking exercises. Went over more forms of certain words. They haven’t been introducing too many new words for the last couple of units. I suppose they want us to get a firm grasp of the forms and sentence structure first. It seems like they have a lot more grammar rules, although they’re a lot more blunt with things. 

Read more of Choujin Gakuen or Supernatural School. The group made it into The World’s Strongest Committee’s hidden lair. It seems like a paradise for supernaturals, but it’s the opposite. In order to live there, they must defeat higher ranked supernaturals who specialize in the same ‘genre’. If you can’t beat them you’re sent to a school further underground where they torture and train you harshly. If you don’t die from the treatment, they’ll send you back up and the cycle starts again. If you make it passed rank 12, you get to permanently live on the main floor. It’s how their leader maintains ‘order’. The group was easily detected, and over 50 residents chased them. Some of those supernaturals were severely injured by their own people. Somehow, Adam scooped up all the injured people and the group wheeled them to an abandoned building to treat them. Eventually, he turned all of them into friends. He might end up with an army by the time they reach the headquarters. The group’s main aim is to find Yoshino and have her join them. Adam decided to add that he’ll break all the rules of that ‘paradise’. Seems like he’s already doing that. 

I inked the larger and more detailed drawing of the Dark Healer’s facial tattoos. Didn’t get to scanning, editing, posting his head, the assassin, and those tattoos. 

Instead, I wanted to do a few more things for my computer. I tried to defrag, but it said I didn’t need to. By the way, it stayed on for much longer yesterday. Roughly 15 hours. It shut down sometime during 3-5am. I woke up at 3 and then 5. (Had a hard time sleeping.) It was on at 3, but off by 5. Also, it doesn’t really turn off. It suddenly goes into standby mode. I don’t have that enabled, and I might try to just tap a key on my keyboard next time to see what it’ll do. Still, it’s not supposed to do that. It seems like it’s getting better. I decided to try to run a ‘check disc’ again. It’s still running that. (It’s been several hours already.) That means there really is an issue. It doesn’t usually take long. When it finds errors, it’ll fix them itself. Hopefully, it doesn’t suddenly decide to ‘standby’ in the meantime. I didn’t get to editing/reading Alliance because of this.  

I also noticed that Tasha has found a new hiding spot in my room. Right next to the surge protector that has lots of wires coming out it. The computer is plugged into that. It’s right under the left side of my desk, so there’s a bit of an overhang for her. It must be warm down there. I have a feeling her being there might have affected it, too. She may have been moving the wires around. I decided to put a thick book in that spot (not touching any wires), so she can’t sleep there anymore. She looked hurt when she found the book there. I also scooted the desk a little further from the wall so it wasn’t right up against the plug for the surge protector. I moved the plug to another outlet, too. I used an air duster on the outlet, plug, wires, surge protector, the fans of my computer, and other parts near those in the back. Hopefully, all this will help. 

Practiced my clarinet for an hour. Mostly played klezmer tunes, but also did a few Mozart pieces. Wasn’t too bad today. I’m noticing that I’ve been thinking too hard about things, and making more mistakes because of it. I just need to relax with it. I think at some point I’m going to make audio recordings of what I play and post them to Youtube. I hate seeing myself in vids. This will not only help me improve by hearing and critiquing myself, but also others can tell me what they think. Although, I know there are a lot of trolls on there. It could be just for myself...I remember we were told to record ourselves a couple of times back in high school, and it did help. Somehow it seemed different than hearing my own voice. 

For cleaning, I did the cats’ stuff, swept my bathroom’s floor, and poured liquid plumber down the tub’s drain. I consider using Rosie’s grooming mitt as cleaning, too. She’s been really bad about cleaning around the base of her tail and butt. Seems to be getting worse. I can only do so much with the mitt. My bathroom’s floor gets dirty quickly. It’s a combo of my long hair and the cats tracking litter in. When I wash my hair, all the loose hair from the previous 3 days comes out. Most of it congregates around the drain, where I can just reach over and grab what’s there with tissues; and on the edge of the tub. The tub’s edge is easy, too. However, a good amount ends up on the floor and it piles up each time. I’m always amazed at how much litter shows up, too. Both cats like to relax in there, and sometimes want to stay in there when I use it for anything. The drain to the tub seemed a bit clogged. There wasn’t much liquid plumber left, but I think it helped. I wanted to do more, but that stuff took a while. I’ll get to more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment