Wednesday, January 24, 2018

National Peanut Butter Day!

Most of the time, I love peanut butter. A little goes a long way. I can only have the smooth kind now, since whole and chunks of nuts can upset my gut. Sad that I have to stay away from most nuts this way. Smooth peanut butter, however, is one of my comfort or calming foods. I would think with how rich it can be, that it'd be a trigger as well. Luckily, it's not.

Last week there was a local trans meeting. It was a lot better than the meeting before that. For that one, if it had been my first time there, I wouldn't have come back. One of the members was rude to me and a few other people. She has a weird thing with enby people. I don't know what it is...It's unnerving. I think she was the one that brought up that Washington state is planning to add the 'x' option for birth certificates. X standing for non-binary genders, along with the f for female or m for male. A lot of states have either done some form (IDs and/or birth certificates) of this already or are considering it. It has stirred up 'debate', and some people are scared about it. I'd be freaking happy with that x on everything, personally. When you're neither m nor f, it puts you in a funny spot if those are the only options. Anyways, she was worried that they'll take away her f or do away with both the m and f, if they make this change. Why? Why would they take away your f? This is for enby people. We're not taking away anything. Although, no one really needs gender on their IDs. If we do have them, like now, there should be an option for others. I know there was also an argument by some nurses saying they won't know how to treat patients that have the x. That we're somehow going to destroy their system. Maybe the system needs to be updated. Maybe medical professionals should put things on forms/reminders like: those who have a vagina, penis, breasts, etc. That sort of thing. It makes it seem colder, but on the other hand it doesn't out people necessarily and everyone might feel a bit more comfortable. That's basically what the gendered stuff in health boils down to. It wouldn't be awful to make a system like that. 

She also made me feel awful about how I felt about something. It somehow didn't seem that big of a thing. At some point, it felt like she was interrogating me about it. She also seems to think being enby is a young person's thing. It isn't. Just because some people are figuring it out earlier (thanks to the internet), doesn't mean others won't find out later in life. Is being binary trans a young person's thing? No. Same with enbies. I've been surprised by the age group in the enby group I'm in on fb. There are people in their late teens, but we have a lot that are in their 50's and 60's. I think one person said they were 73, and they only realized a few years ago. I also want to learn more from the older generations and their stories/experiences. It's really cool to have that mix. 

This time the 'I' statements and not 'you' statements were stressed at the beginning. I think this helped a lot. She seemed to not talk as much...At least, she was a lot more polite and not as in your face. 

One of the members said I should try the Binder Reminder app, especially if I'm thinking of getting a chest binder. It reminds you when you need to take it off, do special exercises, etc. I think it also lists resources. The down side...it's an Android app. I have an iPhone. There is no iPhone alternative. Sadness. I could create my own reminders, though. Maybe using alarms on my phone based on what's recommended. It's a makeshift solution, at least. I'm glad that he brought it up to me. He didn't know about it until a few days before, because someone on Tumblr mentioned it. Tumblr seems to be the go-to place for a lot of LGBTQ+ stuff, but also for the haters/gatekeepers...I've stayed away from it for a while now because of those haters. I don't need that. 

I also liked that someone came back from some sort of LGBTQ+ retreat, had wanted to do one of the exercises they brought up. She asked us for trans positivity terms. At the workshop she was in all that people were coming up with were negative for the trans section. Absolutely nothing positive. We came up with a long list in just a few minutes. It was cool to see. Some were very creative and moving. I brought up diversity. The community is extremely diverse, and that's a very positive thing to me. There was also sassy, divine, wise, spiritual, weird (in a good way), and many more. 

Oh, recently trolls have been raiding trans groups on fb. Specifically making it a point to target enby groups. (One of the admins in the enby group I'm in mentioned it a few days ago.) Apparently, they think if we're bombarded by bigotry and the 'truth', that we'll somehow realize we were really cis all along. It's weird. Also, that we're too 'confused' and are 'mentally ill', so we again need to be set straight. Raiding is when they flood a group with their members and suddenly start trolling/spewing hate, then they'll report their own posts repeatedly. I'm not exactly sure how this works, but eventually that group will have too many reports and will be shut down. They've managed to shut down several groups in the past. Apparently they do this during certain times of the year, so it's dubbed raiding season. Often, in order to stop it, groups will go secret during that time. They'll scrutinize each post more, too. It makes it extremely hard to join during those times, but they need more of a safeguard. It's kind of sick to think about people raiding on a regular basis, or even ever. Maybe this is why when I started looking for enby groups, not many were showing up? How do you stop people like this? 

We got Rosie and Tasha 2 new toys. One looks like a sci-fi bony caterpillar. It's a 'wobbly bug'. If it's on the linoleum and is turned on, it vibrates and moves in circles. It doesn't move on carpet, and most of the house is carpeted...Rosie was terrified by it, and doesn't seem to like it even when it's off. I don't know how Tasha feels about that one. The other is 'Winged Chase', and it has a butterfly that whips around quickly when turned on. It actually looked cool that way, but again Rosie was scared of it while it was on. She loves it when it's off, though. She can bat and gnaw at it still. I don't know how Tasha feels about it when it's on. Dad told me that Tasha was playing with it a couple of mornings ago. So, maybe she likes it when it's off, too. 

I've been feeling like a cold or something is coming on really slowly the last few days. Runny nose, slight cough, sore throat at times, getting hot flashes in the morning, etc. I don't want to be sick. It can intensify symptoms of colitis. Even when the patient is in remission. (I oddly still get symptoms, although I feel I really have been in a strange flare most of this month.) So, it appears a little differently usually. If anything, I hope it's not the flu. I already got my shot, so I should be a little more protected. Still...it's scary.

I only missed a couple of days of writing so far. Not too bad. It's mainly been because of feeling 'sick'. I'm a few pages into chapter 3 of Alliance 3. This part has been fun to write. I won't say much, because it might spoil it. 

I started writing out the seafood section of the cookbook today. Got 6 of them done. That's good, I think. One of them was dated as 1966, which I think is the oldest. Maybe she found the recipe much later, but it came from that year? She would have been about 11 years old. I don't think she would have started this so early... (If she did, that's really impressive.) She tends to not give too many details about things. Her handwriting is difficult to read at times. I'm perfectly fine with reading cursive, but she wrote it in a very loopy and bubbly way. I know she was mainly writing them for herself, but it's still a slight pain. I found a few recipes she wrote down of Dad's. They're interesting. I stopped at the fish recipes that she got from a grocery store a long time ago somewhere. It doesn't say where. So, I'm crediting it as just 'from a grocery store'.

German has been interesting. Today, among a lot of other things, I learned the word for gender: Geschlecht. (I thought there was an r between the e and s, but the wiki has it like this.) The sentence example Duolingo had translated to: Is gender important? Very interesting. I also looked into enby terms in German, and there's a wikipedia article on it. Apparently actually saying 'gender' is also used in German sometimes. So is 'agender'. However, another way they say agender is: Geschlechtslos. That seems harder to say. I'm glad there's an actual German equivalent, though. Gender identity is: Geschlechtsidentitat. The a has the 2 dots over it. I should probably try getting the German keyboard on my desktop, like I did for Japanese. The community over there has come up with several gender-neutral pronouns, too. It is a gendered language so to read about how they navigate it is interesting. They have several words for non-binary as well as for the shortened form, enby. Nichtbinar (a has the 2 dots again) seems to be the most 'formal'. It's literally 'not binary'. There's also nibi for enby. I find it a little frustrating still that their 's', 'ch', 'z', 'v', 'd', and probably a few others; change their sound depending on a certain order. I'm still trying to figure some of that out, because they don't actually go over that. I'm at least seeing some sort of pattern. Sometimes the 'ie' and 'ei' slip me up a bit. Ie is pronounced as 'ee' and ei as 'ai'. I knew before about the ei thing, but just seeing them together, sometimes in the same word, is tricky. My brain tells me it only makes sense to switch them, but that's obviously not true. Their words are getting longer with each lesson. I know they do that, but it still seems scary at first. I like how the lit. translation for I'm hungry is: I have the hunger. (They do this with thirsty, too.) It's a different way of thinking again. I'm noticing that they apparently capitalize their nouns, too. That freaked me out at first. When my throat started having issues, even now, they haven't been picking up on my voice well. 

I've been posting the same pics I post on Instagram to deviantART. Most of the time, I don't share them in groups on there anymore. They're still managing to attract people. One person faved over 50 of my food pics or 'deviations'. Most were from before I had a long inactive spell. I was really surprised. That's a lot, and that never happens with me. They later added me to their 'watch' list. Those are like artists they're following on there. They said they just really love my food pics. I've also gotten more llamas on there lately. Llamas can be given by other members as basically a way to say they like your art. It's an in thing. Depending on how many llamas you get, your page's llama gets upgrades. Mine made it to white super llama recently. It's a fun little thing. I've also gotten more follows than I expected on Instagram. That's made it to a little over 60. I'm only following 26 people myself. Also, getting more and more likes with each thing I post. People especially like the food stuff.

Youtube:

Most of these are from before I found those Boku no (My) Hero Academia amv's that I shared last time. Also, I decided to try Blogger's youtube vid search/insert instead this time. Not all of them showed up in the search. Oh well. Youtube's actual site is weird on my desktop, so this was easier. (I can't embed/add video through the app I have.) Not sure why the other ones weren't there:

Fairy Tail:
Pandora Hearts (This one seems to change the meaning of the song, and it surprisingly fits):
Servamp:
Bungou (Literary) Stray Dogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment