Wednesday, January 17, 2018

National Hot Tea Day!

This holiday was a few days ago. Yay! I love hot tea. Or, really either way, cold or hot. The hot one feels like a nice warm bath for my insides. The cold one is nice and refreshing. I love almost any kind of tea, regular or herbal. I don't remember too many I've hated. I think the only 2 that come to mind were the ones served by the Bedouin's when I visited Israel about 7 years ago. They were 2 types of a special mint tea. I normally love mint, but they put in a bunch of bitter things, and there wasn't anything to sweeten it with. I drank all of a cup of one of them, to be polite and because I'd feel guilty for declining it. It's hot tea month, so it was celebrated twice that day? Interesting. Today the first day of Shevat. The month Tu B'Shevat falls in. Yay!
This is my January wallpaper. I couldn't post it before, because my desktop's internet connection was wonky. It has been really weird for the past several months. It's not too bad right now. Again, this is Kekkai Sensen or Blood Blockade Battlefront themed. It seems to be of the ending sequence to the 1st season. Libra (the secret group the main characters are members of) essentially keep the peace and hunt vampires in Hellsalem's Lot, which used to be New York City. 

I'm keeping up with writing everyday except Saturdays. I'm close to 20 pages into the next Alliance sequel. Maybe I'll just call it Alliance 3 for now? The 2nd chapter is on a new character's backstory. The character was introduced and had a few appearances in the 2nd book. It just so happens that she's agender. My first character that is. I wasn't expecting it. She uses she/her pronouns because she thinks it's easier for other people than they/them. She was referred to as Subject 6 up until she was in her early teens. Somewhat of a hint as to what her past was like. It's a difficult one. She's gone through a lot. Her eyes change colors, and with each change her mood and personality changes as well. That's kind of fun and unique. Her normal eye color is weird, too. It's like TV static or snow.

With the cookbook, I went through a bunch of Cornish hen recipes. There were 6 of them alone from Tyson that Mom had. There have been a couple of others after that. I kind of want to make one of the Tyson ones. There's a grape and wine based one, a garlic one, roast one, etc. They're from the 80s, but still sound good and simple. We got Cornish hens recently, and Dad made one for herself. The other's for me when I want to make one of those recipes. I still have to finish a lot of leftovers before then. (A chicken broccoli cheese casserole, chicken ravioli, bread that's getting really old, etc.) I don't want to waste food. The hen in the freezer will probably keep long enough after I finish everything else. Also, got to some of the duck recipes. They sound good as well.

I found 2 new helpful health apps recently. One is Poop Tracker, the other My Colitis. Poop Tracker sounds disgusting, but it's important for IBD patients to keep track of it. Everyone poops...It's kind of funny how in depth they are about it. Much more so than My IBD Diary was. Things like the color, more 'types' of the 'official' shapes, amount, pain, etc. Each entry is called a Log, too. Adds to the humor a bit, I think. 

My Colitis seems a lot better than IBD Diary, too. Their 'poop tracker' is in depth as well, but not quite as much as PT. Although, they ask for what symptoms the person experienced and severity of the pain. They also have a med section. You can set reminders, log when you took them, and what type they are. There's a section for meals. They ask you what type of meal it was, to describe it, say what your appetite was beforehand (the options are a lot more detailed than I thought they'd be), if there was pain after it, and what sort of reactions you had after it. There's a detailed section for moods. One for symptoms and tests. Odd that they ask if your pregnant first for that. There's a section that breaks down everything with reports. So, you get an idea of what might be triggers, how often you went to the bathroom, if you're flaring, your mood, symptoms, etc. For the bm one they list the average daily amount, form it most often took, most frequent hour and day of the week, pain level, and more. Really in depth about this part and other reports. You can see graphs on them as well. I really needed something that was completely IBD based and this is it. (IBD Diary didn't have much to it. Didn't seem like it was really for people with it.) Not only just IBD, but colitis. That's a big plus. They also list resources and support groups.

Finished Kino, and I didn't remember her backstory. She was originally from a country that when you turn 12, they give you a surgery to turn you into an adult. It was a lot more messed up than it sounds. She doesn't remember her real name. She took the name Kino after the real Kino saved her, but was killed by her parents. She was going to be killed, because she didn't want the surgery. All the children that refused must be eliminated. She took the real Kino's motorcycle, Hermes, after he coaxed her into trying to survive by getting on him and riding out of the country. He thought if she died, he'd lose his purpose. It was weird seeing (the 'new') Kino with long hair. It also makes me wonder if she's immortal if she didn't have the surgery. Since that country worked differently. Maybe she's been at it longer than we think. The last episode hinted at a sequel, which would be interesting. Hermes mentioned that it was the end of her journey. Kino replied that a new one will start when she wakes up. The last minute or so she woke up from her nap, and said a new journey starts now. I'm curious as to what happened to the ex-prince who was traveling with a talking dog and violent (she loved holding grenades and knives) quiet girl. The ex-prince (technically king of a country that the citizens ended up killing each other) was saved by Kino, and every so often there were episodes that followed his travels. With the last one he was in, he was looking to immigrate somewhere, but none of the countries he went to were accepting immigrants. Kind of sad. He seemed the most 'normal' character. I want to learn more about Kino's teacher, too. She was badass. How did they meet? What happened to her?

I've made it pretty far into One Piece. I'm about 260 episodes behind, but currently in the 550's. I'm getting there. (I've been skipping fillers, which takes out a lot of episodes.) I like it a lot more than I expected. The only thing I don't like are some of the styles the characters have after the 2 year jump. Franky's is the worst. I know he's a cyborg, and even more so now after the accident at the lab, but it's like they went a little too over the top with him. He's a lot more 'robotic' looking. They messed with Brook's style, too. Made him look like a 70s funk and soul singer. Before, he looked like a classical musician. I liked that style a lot, and it seemed to suit him well. Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji didn't seem to change much. That's good. Luffy's wearing frillier clothes, Zoro seems to have lost an eye, and Sanji has more stubble. It seems they whitened Robin's skin color, which isn't cool to me. Otherwise, she seems the same. Nami got skimpier clothes and bustier. Not that great either. Usopp actually looks better. Much tougher. I think his somewhat dark skin color stayed the same, which is good. Chopper pretty much just changed his hat. So, I guess he's like those others I mentioned. Their new abilities are awesome, though! Much cooler. Even the 'weak' members are really strong now. The current arc, Fish-man Island, has been stretched out a lot, and it finally seems close to the end of it. They'll finally be able to explore the New World. I like that they've tackled a lot of heavy issues well so far. Humans being racist towards the fish-men and merfolk, gender diversity (issues relating to it), genocides, gender inequality, corrupt politicians, corrupt government (The Marines are really twisted, and they have a hand in everything), the rich vs the poor, etc. I'm surprised they even touched on these topics. Some of them a lot more often than others. It's definitely not for children, but it's got a lot going for it. Especially for a show about pirates. 

I hope to get back to drawing soon. Might do some that are related to Alliance. Oh, and someone who I haven't really spoken to since high school facebook messaged me recently. We've been facebook friends for a while. Anyways, she wanted to learn more about self-publishing. She later said she though it was so cool that I already published 4 books, and that I'm writing 2 more. It was nice to hear that she thought I was a cool person, too. I've stopped playing my clarinet for now. I probably won't play it until it's recorked. It seems awkward to play at the moment. 

Youtube: 

I finished the 2nd season of Boku no (My) Hero Academia, so I looked at amv's related to it. It's partially to share a bit of what the series is like on here. Here are some:


 


No comments:

Post a Comment