Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


Hope people had a great one!:dummy:I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life. I  usually am everyday, so to have just a holiday for it, is not enough to me. But, it does make others stop and pause to think about it. I'm thankful for friends, family, food, having a roof over my head, water, good meds, music, and so much more. (I mean I really could go on and on, but that's too much to read, even for me.:iconswissplz:) Things don't seem as bad when you think about all the stuff you're grateful for. Today's Maize Day and National Parfait Day. Good stuff. 


Things were a bit crazy on Wednesday, and again yesterday. So, I didn't have time to post.:iconchibiswedenplz:We were going to go to our friends' place, but their sump pump overflowed. They still had the cleaners working on it. So, we did the dinner at our house. First time in a looong time that we've had Thanksgiving dinner here.:iconthailandplz:They brought all the stuff they said they were going to make, and cooked/heated it up here. 


We did a salad with cranberries and almonds, and a fruit platter with whipped cream. Plus, cheese and smoked salmon with crackers for an appetizer.:iconitalyplz:They did the turkey, sweet potatoes with marshmallows (nasty to me:iconromanotwitchplz:), asparagus, stuffing (really dry for some reason), cranberry sauce (both the canned version, and a relish. I like the canned stuff more), and gravy. For dessert, they made brownies, and pumpkin pie with hand whipped cream. I like their brownies the most.:iconchibinitalyplz:The pie's ok, but they don't add much flavor to their whipped cream. Things seemed overall a bit bland with a lot of their stuff this time.:iconhongkongplz:


We played our annual Trivial Pursuit game. Only this time with our newer version. It was our family against their's. We won pretty quickly.:iconheroamericaplz:Mainly, because of Dad. She's like a pro at trivia. Rosie got real happy when our friends showed up. Purring on the next cushion over from me, and getting into her 'meditating' pose. One of our friends said I looked like I lost a lot of weight. It feels like everyone who hasn't seen me for a couple weeks tells me that.:iconusaplz:I think since I started losing weight recently, its been skydiving. Which is good to me, but a bit surprising.:iconchibiaustriaplz:
In Fairy Tail, they held a 24-hour race. Surprisingly, Happy won. (In pic.) He helped people along the way. The only rule was that they couldn't fly, but they could use other magic. Happy's usually the slowest at running, since his thing is flying. Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, and Jet (the guy who won last year) came in last. They had to suffer the Guild Master's punishment. Which was an embarrassing photo spread in a mage fashion magazine. Funny. 


Finally played another hour of my clarinet on Wednesday. Did some Irish and Klezmer tunes. Reed was a little dry, so it was a bit squeaky. But, it wasn't bad. Felt good just to play. Rosie liked it a lot. Oddly, I think she's become my number 1 fan.:iconseychelles-plz:Also, transposed an Irish tune. Figured out a quicker way to write it out. 
I've caught up to the updates in En Passant. The last chapter that's up, ended on such a cliff hanger, it's almost cruel not to have the next out yet. This is a much better manga than I expected at first, and it's only getting more so. It'd be an interesting anime, if they did it. They did a back story on Arima. All the team members, except the Kings fought. White side's won their battles. After saving Riu, Kujou (White King) collapses, and essentially dies for a minute. While he's 'dead' he sees everyone calling for him. (In pic.) Everyone finally meets the Black King after Kujou comes back to life. I love how Arima doesn't say anything when Kujou's out cold.


Read through parts of the November issue of You Maga. Ended up starting to read an article about a 40-year-old woman's aura. (Apparently, the magazine's into that sort of thing.) This was all without writing it out or checking an online Japanese dictionary. Understood most of it. This is great practice for the JLPT. Wish I did this sort of thing sooner.:iconkikuplz:Can't believe I have about a week and a half until the test!:iconlietplz:


Also, while I was at the cafe, I had a mocha with whipped cream. I haven't had a mocha in ages!:la:It's one of the few things with coffee in it that I love. It's really not much coffee though. More like a creamy hot chocolate with a tiny bit of coffee flavor.:iconfrancisplz:I was glad that I managed to get everything that I wanted to do at the cafe. Sometimes, it doesn't work out. This week has been so weird, I was even more surprised that I did.:icontinoplz:


deviantART faves: Oreo Shake We May Kill Them Happy Thanksgiving Before After 4 I did not make these! First, a really delicious looking shake. Second, an artist was toying with the idea of what would Gintama look like if it was set in the Stone Age. If the Amanto weren't aliens, but demons. Very interesting concept, and nicely drawn. Third, a cute looking turkey drawn by an artist I watch. I'm not sure if it just ate a person or what. Looks content, though. Fourth, a awesome drawing by another person I watch. He wanted to see what people thought about different versions of a drawing. I like both. One's more detailed, the other warmer/lighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment