Sunday, November 6, 2011

Daylight Savings Time Ends

Mood::iconthailandplz:


Wahoo! For getting an extra hour!:dummy:Only it messed me up this morning.:iconswissplz:I was really wide awake at 7:15 according to my cell alarm. So, I told myself it was a little too early. Then at about 9, I looked at my watch (which hadn't been changed yet), and it said 10.:noes:So, in the end, I woke up a bit disoriented. Made it a bit hard. It's also National Nachos Day and Saxophone Day. Sounds like an odd mix to me. If there's a sax day, would there be a clarinet one?:iconchibiswedenplz:That would be cool. Don't get me wrong, sax's are cool too, but I don't play one.:iconseychelles-plz:(Been curious about it, though.) Nachos are awesome! 


I was too tired from cleaning and stuff to make Shabbat dinner. So, we got frozen sweet and sour chicken, and some white rice that the market makes in their display case. I really liked this brand of sweet and sour chicken. Sauce was perfect!:iconchibispainplz:We also got a black forest cake. Those are always awesome! Perfect dinner.:iconfrancisplz:


The next day, we celebrated my birthday early in Seattle. Went to Uwajimaya, Daiso (like a Japanese dollar store), and the Cheesecake Factory. Also got a huge soft chocolate chip cookie and some grape juice on the ferry over. 


I love Uwajimaya!:iconchibihungaryplz:They have a good variety of Asian stuff, not just from Japan. (Some from other places like Europe, too. Like those awesome Russian cookies.) Didn't get to see everything I wanted to, because Mom was getting tired. Found some of that vertical blocked writing paper I've been searching for.:iconeestiplz:It's a special type of paper, for writing traditional Japanese letters and such. I thought it'd be interesting to try writing my Japanese that way.:icondenmarkgrinplz:


Some of the beauty products looked familiar, because of the Japanese ads I've seen. Got hair bands in that area. Not particularly Asian, but most of my bands are broken, so I needed to replace them.:iconsleepygreeceplz:They're very strong. 


We needed one more tiny thing in order for us to get a discount on parking. So, Dad and I went searching in different areas. I found their candy and gift aisle and looked through it. Saw they had Shinpachi, Gintoki, and Elizabeth figurines from Gintama in a display case. But, they weren't 'small' enough in price.:iconkikuplz:It was cool just to see figurines from one of my fave shows there. So, I found some chocolate milk candy. Thought I'd give them a try, and they were just right price wise.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:


After that, I wanted to see what Daiso was like. It was really nice. A little cramped, but nice. Most things were $1.50. It was a really packed store. Interesting hair stuff, more of a selection than Rite Aid.:iconpolandplz:Dad found a mirror for her office. I got a cute journal. Has black cats prancing around the cover, and it says: "The black cat always walks the town elegantly. The other cats watch it enviously, because a black cat is very stylish...A stylish black cat." Cute.:iconheroamericaplz:


Then, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. It was just over an hour wait. I don't think we sat down until 8. I wanted to go all out, since it was for my birthday. Ordered a virgin pina colada, Mom did too. When it came out, it looked so fancy.:iconchibiaustriaplz:Very tall skinny glass, with a cherry and pineapple speared together at the top. The waiter came over and squirted whipped cream on the top. Dad got a sour martini. For an appetizer, we got chicken pot stickers. Really good!:iconitalyplz:


For the entree, I tried their mac and cheese burger. Wanted to see how over-the-top it was. They fry their mac and cheese, plus they put a ton of mayo and extra cheddar cheese sauce (which had a massive amount of garlic in it). That sits on a huge thick black angus burger. They had a bunch of fixings on the side. You don't really need them. The burger was so intense tasting, yet so good at the same time. It was evil.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:There was like a bucket of fries that came with it. I couldn't finish the burger, and I barely touched the fries. Made for a good lunch. 


For dessert, I ordered their Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake. It was ginormous! Even with the 3 of us sharing. Really good stuff, too!:iconhungaryplz:Our waiter forgot that we told him that it was my b-day 3 times. Oh well. I wasn't embarrassed by them, then. Mom sang it anyways. A couple next to us heard, and asked how old I was. I told them, then the lady asked me to guess her age. I said 34, but it was 43. That was kind of creepy to get the numbers right, but not in the right order.:iconchibijapanplz:They were very nice. By the time we got home, which was around 10:30, I was wiped and in a good food coma.:faint:


It was an awesome day! Almost forgot about presents.:iconusaplz:Not sure when they'll give them to me, but I'm pretty happy right now. Maybe I'll be even happier when they do.:iconmochiplz:There's still my actual b-day on Monday. On mangabullet, they gave me a free subscription until the 15th for my b-day. It'd be cool if dA did that kind of thing, too.:iconchibicanadaplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment