Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade Bread Day!

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


Nothing beats homemade bread.:iconfrancisplz:Soon, I hope to start making some. Mom used to make challah every Friday. That was awesome!:iconchibispainplz:The smells throughout the house, seeing it in the oven, etc. was great.:iconthailandplz:I don't think I'll start with challah though. Sometime when I'm used to making bread, maybe.:iconchibiswedenplz:It's also Guinness World Records Day, and National Baklava Day. Awesome day! 3 things I like.:iconseychelles-plz:


It's been pretty cold and stormy the last couple of days. There's a chance we'll get snow tonight through Saturday. Oh joy.:iconkikuplz:


Didn't post Tuesday, because I felt really horrible.:iconlietplz:We went out to Rite Aid to get some things, I was just starting to feel weird then. Next was the pet store and then, Walmart. Was feeling the brunt of it in Walmart. Felt like someone was holding my head underwater, nauseous, and head and vision were both throbbing like crazy.:iconraivisplz:Couldn't make dinner because of it. Luckily, Mom was able to. Wednesday, the pain was coming in waves. A couple of hours I was fine, the next in pain.:iconchibijapanplz:


Really early this morning, I had a massive headache. Even my pillow was painful to rest on.:iconwtfukplz:Tried to ignore it, and eventually I must have passed out. Really weird. We're thinking that this is because of my 'monthly friend', but I've never felt like this with it. Mom also suggested that my IUD is degrading, and might be close to the time to have it replaced. It's only been 3 years. 5 years is how long it should last. I don't know, it's a little unsettling.:iconchibichinaplz:


But, while we were at Rite Aid, I got some really strong Drano. My bathroom sink's always been really clogged. No matter what we used, it never totally cleared it. Used this, and it was amazing!:dummy:Got it totally cleared. It's like I have a sink again!


Watched the finale of Kokosei Restaurant. It was a very emotional, but nice, ending. The club had a little ceremony for the 3rd-year students who were graduating. Surprisingly, a lot of them changed their minds, and decided to go into cooking related jobs. Some are going to work at the new 'Senpai Shop', because they don't want to leave town, and they love to cook. Not many jobs around town as it is, so this will be a life saver for them. The ones that aren't going into cooking related fields, felt what they learned will help them in future careers. It's not the best show ever, but it was pretty good. It almost made me cry at the end.:happycry:


Also watched Yukan Club. Noriko looks like she was transported from the 60s.:iconusaplz:The hairstyle, clothes, the way she ran, etc. But, it was a cute little love (more like crush) story between her and Yuya. Sad that he had to leave.:iconsadrussia:


In Phi Brain, Kaito managed to persevere and solve a sage puzzle. The head of POG wants to test him more now that he knows Kaito overcame his emotional barrier. Very interesting back story for Kaito.


In En Passant, Black and White squares started fighting. It was pretty cool. 


Translated a bit more of that You Maga article I wrote out. Also, on Wednesday at the cafe, I read an article from the November issue. About a  new local Japanese sweets store. Interesting. Actually understood most of it.:iconchibipolandplz:This was without writing it down, checking, etc. Nice.


Tried to scan the Hetalia meme, but it didn't really come out well on my printer. So, I'll have to see if I can use the other printers. After I scan it, I'll edit it, paste/edit the flags (I found online, because some are too intricate for me:iconpolandplz:), and add to the main meme. Haven't done all that for one thing, so hopefully it'll work. 


Also started a still life. Not too bad, but I'm still on the 'sketching' or foundation part. Not very detailed yet. I'm using my lamp on my night stand.:meow:


Transposed an Irish tune at the cafe. Played some solitaire. (I love solitaire!) Tried their vanilla tea. It was good. 


Went to a Hadassah event last night. It was on the Feldenkrais method. Interesting, but I didn't really need it.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Basically a method to get you more in touch with your body, how to be as comfortable as possible, and be more flexible with both your mind and body. So, we did an exercise where she made us breathe deep, move our heads, shoulders, etc. Good for people who aren't very coordinated. But, I've done a lot of this stuff before. Doesn't do much for me.:iconhongkongplz: 


We also had the regular potluck just before. Only 6 of us showed up. (5 from the group, plus the instructor.) A lot of it was snacky type things. We at least have 2 main usually. We brought fruit, someone brought chips and dip, another a cucumber tzatziki sauce thing, and the host made cornbread (really strange), soup (not bad, needed more lentils), apple crisp (made from the apples she picked from her tree) and brownies. At least we got to see other people, and talk a bit.:iconchibinitalyplz:


deviantART faves: Blood Lust bad bunny coconut lady L i m i n a l i t y hetalia India display APH: Ukraine and Azerbaijan Sleeping on the Street 1195092011 I did not make these! First and second, are done by an awesome artist I watch. I like the bad bunny one a bit more. But, I like cute demented things. Third, a funny drawing of a coconut lady dancing, from another artist I watch. I think that would be funny in an ad or something, too. Fourth, an amazing drawing by, yet another, artist I watch. The atmosphere's really cool. Fifth, India from Hetalia done by someone I watch. Based off of the official design, that the mangaka finally made in the Halloween themed strip in his blog. There were a couple of other new designs as well. I like to see what he comes up with for a country's look and personality. Sixth, a drawing of Ukraine from Hetalia, and someone's Azerbaijan oc. They're in traditional dress. It's cool. Seventh, a cat sleeping on the street in Normandy, France. This looked just like some areas in Tzfat. There were cats everywhere, especially sleeping on the streets. Eighth, an amazing pic of a little kitten. The way it was taken was cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment