Monday, February 11, 2019

National Pizza Day!

Pizza is very versatile. This holiday was actually on Saturday. It's another one of my faves. I love BBQ chicken, Greek, Mexican, Alfredo, pesto, cheese (multiple types in one), and more. There could be different types of dough, sauces, cheeses (some don't even have cheese), and toppings. There are even dessert pizzas, which feel more like giant cookies...My mom and I used to get individual pre-cooked pizza rounds (the plain base), then we'd put whatever toppings/sauces we wanted on, and heat them up in the oven. We came up with some interesting combos. There are interesting rather unique flavors at a local market called Central Market. They have a new one each month. Things like jalapeno popper, cheeseburger, baked potato, etc. 

It's been snowing a lot today. We already had about 8-10 inches from the last dump on Saturday. Schools have had 3 snow days (I think), and will be closed again tomorrow. It seems to be the most snow this area has seen. I don't think it's cool that people have been making fun of the 'snowmageddon' here. This area isn't used to much snow, and many people live in rural areas. There are so few plows, they have to designate which streets have more priority. Ours isn't a primary 'priority'. We've only seen the plows once and that was last night. They didn't do much. The terrain makes it especially difficult with this much snow and ice. It's a different experience than what people have to deal with and are used to in other parts of the country. Plus, I don't think people realized how much we were actually going to get. To be honest, the ones that went to the markets to stock up were smarter about it. Sometimes people don't keep enough food in their house for more than a couple of days, too. People are also likely to lose power when it's like this. Great to be prepared. We should encourage that, not make fun of it. It seemed kind of snobby.

We went to Safeway and Central before it really started snowing. There were a lot of bare shelves. It was interesting to see what people thought were necessities. The bananas were completely gone at both places. There were hardly any of the fruits we normally get. They were also running out of chicken, bread, tortillas, eggs, milk, flour, beer, sugar, hot chocolate, and firewood. I remember an entire section of a certain cut of chicken was out at Safeway. That surprised me. I don't remember what cut it was. Firewood's understandable. You want to be able to keep warm even if the power goes out. Hot chocolate when it snows and is cold, also makes sense. Beer? I don't know, but then again I don't drink it. There were really long lines at both places. Luckily, we weren't getting much and went through the express lines. 

We will have to go out again soon. I have a feeling it's going to stick around for a while. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to my gender therapy appointment on Thursday. They might tell me to reschedule because they might not be open, or I might need to myself. I don't like that uncertainty. 

I've been so distracted by it...I don't think the cats like it much. There's been a lot of foot flicking from both, Rosie had a droopy ear (when it first started snowing), both have been sleeping a lot in my room, Rosie's scratched at the sliding glass back door while watching the flurries, she's meowed at it, and more. It probably looks like the sky is falling to them. I'm a little concerned, since the lights have been flickering, that our power might go out.  

I've managed to study Korean every day this past week except yesterday. I'm starting to get it more. Slowly being able to read it. It's interesting that they stick their word for be, exist, is, there, has, etc. to almost everything. It seems to always be at the end of a sentence, too. Also, interesting that girl is lit. woman child, and boy is lit. man child. They seem a lot more direct with things. Still no speaking exercises, but maybe they'll have them later on. 

Edited more of Alliance today. Didn't feel like practicing my clarinet. I have a another earache and headache. Blowing into it would have made me feel worse. It might be because of pressure changes related to the weather. I don't know, but it's awful. Tried to draw folds in Shadow's clothes, but was too distracted. At least, I saw some tutorials on it. 

Read more of MAR Omega. A familiar character from the first series showed up, Alvis. For a while, he was jerky until he got to know Ginta. He still seems to have an arrogance to him, but is nicer to people. 

Started going back to Goodnight DJ on Netflix recently. It's a Malaysian drama in Mandarin. An anthology of short stories based around radio DJ's and radio in general. It's kind of like the Twilight Zone. In fact, they refer to it in one of the stories. Most have had horror elements, but the others are just nice supernatural stories. Most are full of camp and humor. Also, some of them remind me a bit of the Scary Movie franchise, only not as raunchy. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it really grew on me. I think I was unsure because there wasn't much info on it and didn't know what to expect. I like this sort of thing, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment