Tuesday, July 10, 2018

27th of Tammuz

Managed to get back to writing Alliance 3. Wrote quite a bit this time. Yay! Still feels like there's a lot more to this one. Not sure how long it'll be. 

Went through the Clothing unit for Chinese. There were more measure words for clothing. This time the ones for usually thin clothing (like skirts) and the others (like coats) were different. I find it interesting that when they say something is good/beautiful/tasty, the ending corresponds to what they're referring to. It's like they're lit. saying good food, good clothes, good drinks, etc. So, it's very specific to certain things. The pic for the Chinese word for long had a woman with impressive super long hair blowing in the wind. It seemed a funny and exaggerated one. The speaking exercises weren't too bad. I was surprised that I pronounced the new words correctly most of the time. Some seemed a bit difficult. The sentences are getting longer, too. The next unit is Appearance.

Read more of the manga, Alive. They ended up being captured by the military, but Taisuke managed to free them with his powers. Technically, his power isn't just based on burning things, but destroying and regenerating cells. Interesting how much thought the creator put into their powers. They destroyed the truck that was carrying the rock or 'Heart of Akuro'. That also has Hiro inside it. Taisuke awakened it somehow and it started shooting and killing the soldiers around it. Taisuke and his group managed to escape by car. However, the military was able to transport it anyways to a ship. The captain thinks none of the power users will attack in the middle of the ocean and that it's safe. Turns out at least one of them, this time on Katsumata's side, made it on. 

For cleaning, I did it for half the time that I normally plan for. Just did the cat stuff and a little more of the laundry. Again, I still have some pain in my shoulder and didn't want to stress it too much. It might end up being like that for the rest of the week. It is getting better, though. The new mattress protector felt nice last night. It's really soft. Felt like an actual bed this way. I think I slept a little better. Still not as well as it should be, but it's a huge plus. 

For drawing, I inked the assassin. Then, started drawing the Dark Healer that Shadow talked to. Again, he had no name in the first book. Still doesn't, but he's a very important character. Also, if I remember correctly, he has a face tattoo/decoration. That'll be cool and something different to draw. He has tattoos on the rest of his body, too. That won't be visible, though. 

Watched 2 episodes of Million Yen Women on Netflix last night. (They're only about 20 minutes each.) I remember why I was turned off of this one after watching the first episode a while back. The ones I watched this time were better, but not good enough for me to keep going with it. Too much sex and referring to it. The main character has no self confidence. While I understand the women might be there to help him with that, he just looks pathetic. The women are strong willed and really tough, and I give them credit for that. They're very interesting characters and it does keep you guessing on who they actually are. The premise is that someone made an arrangement where 6 women will stay with a writer for a certain amount of time. He'll get a million yen each month, I think. The women also get paid a certain amount. It's more than he gets. He can't ask them questions or the deal's off. Another 'rule' is that everyone has to eat dinner together with no distractions like smart phones. One of them is a high schooler, another is a movie star, another has some sort of incurable disease that she'll die from soon (she hasn't told anyone yet), another is a nudist at home and runs a brothel, and I can't remember much of the others. The nudist is very open with things and kickass. She doesn't care what anyone thinks. She's pretty cool. Although, she tends to be very sexual at times. The writer's father killed his mother, her lover, and a policeman who walked in on the scene. The only one he's regretful for is the policeman's murder. After his father went to jail, the writer has refused to kill off any of his characters in his books. He's constantly getting death threats, too. I have a feeling the person who set up everything is trying to spark some creativity with the writer. He could write about his experiences with the women. He seems too dense to get that, though. 

The next Netflix one I might try tonight is Mob Psycho 100. They apparently made a live-action show of the anime of the same name. I love Mob Psycho. I don't know how that would carry over to a live-action. A lot of it was very artsy and trippy. The animation style, especially during fight scenes, is unique. Very difficult to get the same effect this way. There will be a 2nd season of the anime in the future, too. There's just no start date yet for that. Same thing with One Punch Man, which comes from the same mangaka (creator). I think I like that one a little more. They both have a similar type of humor.

Watched the first One Piece movie last night. It was short for a movie. Roughly a little more than 2 episodes. I had forgotten how much the animation has changed. I like it more now, but on the other hand I think they put more work into it in the past. This movie came out in 2000. They only had Luffy, Zoro, Nami, and Usopp at the time. Their crew has grown quite a bit since then. I might watch more of their movies in the future. I just didn't have anything 'scheduled' yet for yesterday. I might start watching the other things on my 'plan to watch' list for those empty slots in my 'schedule'. There's also one more anime coming out this season that I want to watch. I like to watch something different each day of the week with anime. Plus, the new stuff only comes out once a week. I tend to watch only an hour's worth, which is about 3 episodes. For instance, today I'll watch this week's episode of Black Clover, One Piece, and the finale of the 2nd season of Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan (The Disastrous Life of Kusuo Saiki). I don't want Saiki to end. Maybe they'll be back. 

Youtube:

Since I've caught up with One Piece, I decided to look at amv's related to it. These will give people a taste of what the series is like. It's a lot darker than it seems. In fact, I think it's one of the darkest anime I've watched. Every character has had a traumatic past. There's a lot of humor and goofiness, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment