Monday, March 12, 2018

Girl Scouts' Birthday

I was in Girl Scouts for a while. A Brownie and then Junior. I still have both vests. Even though I wasn't really a girl, I really enjoyed being in it. (I didn't know I was agender when I joined.) You could choose not to do the supposed 'girly' stuff, which is a plus to some. I learned a lot through them. I tried to get as many badges as I could, so both vests are pretty full. The only thing I didn't like was some of the 'religious' aspects. They started almost every meeting with a prayer, and we did 'holiday' projects. (As in Christmas and Easter stuff.) I think they're different now. They tried to 'accommodate' me by telling me to say Jewish prayers and sit out for those holiday projects. Didn't really feel right. More like isolating to me, and missed the point with people who weren't Christian. What would they tell an atheist who wasn't apart of any religion? They didn't get it. I loved camping with them, and we went to an awesome all day and sleepover event at the science center. A lot of good memories. Today celebrates the day in 1912 that the first Girl Scout group (with 18 girls) officially was registered in Savannah, Georgia. 

I finally embedded Alliance: Dawn and More Than Meets the Eye's Amazon previews on the right hand side of this blog. It's interesting to see all 4 books together like this. If you're on the mobile version, you won't see it. You have to switch to the web version for it. At least people could still see it on their phones. The previews have samples of each. I can only embed their ebook versions. Maybe after I get the next 2 published I'll create a page and move them there. Or, move other things. Otherwise it's going to get much more crowded. 

There was a local trans group meeting last Wednesday. We were doing a clothing exchange. There were a lot of clothes that the group has already collected. We don't have a permanent place for them, which makes it difficult for the person who currently has them. I thought there would be more people. It was about 7 this time. I wanted to look at both the masculine and feminine things. I think I might like some masculine things, but haven't really explored. I know I like a lot of feminine stuff. I think my ideal 'expression' might be a mix of the 2. That would be fun, and I can mess with others. One of the members knew about this, and really wanted me to look at the men's cologne. I'm not much of a perfume/cologne person. Plus, my skin is very sensitive so it's a little iffy with me. I used to wear a 'women's' cologne called Ambush. They stopped selling it locally years ago. The smell was great. Not really that flowery, or seemingly feminine. More spicy (I guess?) and had a slight citrusy thing going on. Hard to describe. It was one of the best, though. I also loved my grandpa's cologne as a kid. Not sure if he uses it anymore, but it was Old Spice. I could try that in the future. The colognes I looked at were different, and one was way too strong. 

I only found one thing there. A thick and long velvety skirt. I can't wear most normal-length skirts because my legs are so short. They end up dragging on the floor. Sad, because I like long skirts. This ends right at my ankles, which was good. I like velvety skirts, too. Haven't had one in a while. It has a nice downplayed floral print, and is a dark brown (almost black) color. The only problem is that it's a little too big around the waist. I'll have to pin it. It's fraying a little in the waistband, and there are no tags for size and cleaning. Still, not bad considering. 

What we wanted to do for Pride in July came up. Of course we wanted a booth. I came up with the idea at the end for having a clothing exchange there, too. We could get rid of more of it, and might reach more people. They thought it was a good idea. I was unsure of it at first, just thought I'd put it out there. I'm glad they thought it was a good.

Finished drawing those wings I mentioned in an earlier post. They're not bad considering I haven't really drawn in a while, I'm not used to drawing wings, and not used to different perspectives. It was good practice. The first set of wings weren't as good as the other 2. Or, at least, I didn't like the style as much. I tend to like to draw a lot of detailed and tiny things. I put too much detail in that one. I might take a pic of them tomorrow and post it to Instagram. Then, scan the drawings, clean them up a bit, and post that version on deviantArt. Since it's more of an art place to me, might be good to put a 'clean' version up. I don't know. Depending on the pic, I might post that to dA, too. Their app isn't great, but easy to submit things quickly. I'm unsure if I'll post all my future drawings on Instagram, too. It'd be interesting to see what another audience thinks of them. So far the only drawing I've shared there was the identity one. The one with an ace flag in the background, a heart in the aro flag colors on top of it, and the agender symbol in black on top of that. People seemed to like it on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment