Saturday, November 22, 2014

Infra 4

Mood::iconthailandplz:

By Max Richter. He's a German-born British composer, and is considered to be one of the most influential composers of the last 10 years. Essentially spearheading the recent movement in neo-classical composition and he's been expanding the definitions of classical music ever since he started in the 90's. He graduated from the Royal Academy of Music in composition. He's written for stage, opera, ballet, screen, etc. music. This is from his 2010 album entitled Infra. It's an extension of his 25-minute score for a ballet. I haven't looked into the other pieces from the album, but I might in the future. This one's really beautiful.:iconchibihungaryplz:Really draws you in. I might look into his other albums, too.

It's finally starting to warm up into our normal temps. Most of the week has been cold. (Well, cold for what's normal here.:icongermanyplz:) It's crazy about what's happened this week on the other side of the country. Especially in Buffalo, NY where I used to have family living there. Not sure if we do anymore, though. 

I'm still going through the after effects of being sick. It apparently hit me hard.:iconwtfukplz:But, despite that, I tried my best to get some walking in. Managed to get about 3 walks in this week. All ended up being about 1 1/2 miles long each time. Not too bad. The cold air made my throat and lungs feel like they froze over.:iconitsfreezingplz:Been keeping up with the 10 sit-ups twice a day. And, I've kept relatively close to the way I want to eat. So, not bad after being sick for a while.

I might turn Fridays into cleaning days. (Kind of like to get ready for Shabbat as motivation.:iconchibiamericaplz:) Yesterday I did my entire bathroom. The only thing I didn't get to was mopping the floor...:icontinoplz:I haven't done pretty much everything in a long time. First time really using the vacuum cleaner to get things like cobwebs, dust that I can't reach, dead spiders, etc. It was actually a lot of fun.:iconheroamericaplz:There's all sorts of little attachments you can use, and I didn't really know how to empty it before. Now I do, and it ran amazingly afterwards. (It was rather full...:iconusaplz:

There was a rather big spider that for weeks was winding its webbing around the room. It was impressive, and I hate to destroy things that obviously was a lot of work for the little thing.:iconraivisplz:But, I needed to take back control of the room, and it needed to be cleaned. I also didn't like that I ended up sucking up that spider, and another small one that I didn't see until it was already too late. Kind of sad, but I'm hoping I put them out of their misery or something.:iconlietplz: 

I also vacuumed the screen to my bathroom window. I was amazed at how much stuff was coming off of it.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:(Didn't even realize there was anything there.) It looked so clear afterwards. There was so much webbing around the room and stuff on the screen that it clogged up the brush and some of the other attachments I was using. Had to 'clean' them out by taking them off and using other parts to help with vacuuming it off. 

Also, got rid of a large vase that had a lot of ugly, in my opinion, fake flowers. It took up a good portion of my counter. I think it took me a while to get rid of, because Mom had given it to me and put it there. Kind of like a piece of her.:iconamericasadchibiplz:Came close to feeling guilty for not liking it, but I'm getting more in touch with how I feel about things and my preferences. It looks so open, bright, and free without it now.:iconfrancisplz: Also, cleaned a few more small things that didn't have to do with my bathroom.

The room took a lot longer than I expected, and I had wanted to get to other rooms/areas, but it was too late. And, I was really tired out.:faint:It's kind of a workout in itself. But, now it shines and looks really nice. 

Went back to Amatsuki (Rainy Moon) and Ranma 1/2 this past week. Did it because I've finished up Time Spiral and ST. And, because the next drama season isn't until January. I only see 2 shows that look worthwhile to watch that season, too. That's Ouroboros and Pure White. Ouroboros' main characters are played by 2 of my fave actors, and the story sounds really interesting. Pure White seems to be about a corrupt hospital. Sounds interesting, too. I'll finish watching Senryokugai Sousakan this week. It's a 2-hour finale, though. Not sure if I'll break it up...:iconswissplz:So, that'll free up another spot. Also, since I finished watching the first season of Hamatora, I went back to Kuroko no Basket to replace it. And, since I couldn't find much on Black Cat and Flower Shop, I replaced it with the second season of Hamatora. I'm back with watching more anime than dramas...:iconkikuplz:Plus, it looks like I'm close to the end of the other dramas I'm watching. Great...

I think my faves for the current anime season have been Gugure, Parasyte, and the second season of Log Horizon. These 3 have been amazing!:iconawwwplz:All in different ways. Gugure has been hilarious, touching at times, and each character stands apart. 

Kiseijuu or Parasyte has its hilarity as well, although a bit more 'crude' or earthy. The story's really fascinating, and they make you feel for the parasites. Even if some seem to love killing other humans besides their host. Others seem fascinated by them, and love learning about them. Each parasite has a different personality, too. The main parasite, Migi (means 'right', as in the direction. He only was able to travel to Shinichi's right hand at the beginning, instead of to the brain), is likeable pretty quickly. He also has a wicked sense of humor, and seems to be very intelligent. More so than a lot of the other parasites they've encountered. There is quite a bit of gore, but not really overdone. 

Log Horizon has been just as amazing as last season. The game world seems to be changing drastically, in ways the Adventurers couldn't have predicted. For example, the players who are playing characters of the opposite gender will experience qualities of that gender in themselves. One of the things that'll change for them is their voices will be more like their character's gender. (Girls with deeper voices, guys with softer ones, etc.) Girls will become more muscular, have more body hair, etc. Guys will have more of a 'figure', breasts, etc. Very fascinating, and might be scary for some of them. The cursed weapons have really become cursed. Now they eventually attack their wielders. We still don't know what's truly happening in the real world. Like, are their bodies being taken care of? Does the public know? Is anybody trying to bring them back? How much time has really elapsed? Sword Art Online was more open about that aspect. 

Started reading Sougiya Riddle or Undertaker Riddle. Still not entirely sure if I like it.:iconseychelles-plz:It's pretty funny, and the story's been interesting. The only thing I don't like is there might be slight, ever so slight, hints of yaoi (essentially boys' love. The genre is usually written by women for women. An odd mix. Some gay men despise it too, since it usually portrays one of the characters in a rather feminine way). I'm not really interested in that.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Riddle is unusually friendly towards Hayato, the other main character. He's an interesting character, but I'm not really liking that. Hayato doesn't seem to feel that way towards him, at least. 

If I decide to drop this one, the next one I might try is the manga version of Tegami Bachi or Letter Bee. I liked the anime, and the concept was interesting. I think the manga lasted much longer than the anime showed. So, there is a point in the story where it diverges. Not sure if the rest of the story towards the beginning is any different, though. It might be. If I don't want that, the next one on my 'to read' list is Makai Ouji or Hell Prince, which sounds interesting and would feel 'fresh' to me. I have 14 other possibilities on my list.:iconchibiaustriaplz:So, we'll see. Kind of like going on an adventure and discovering new stories.:la:

Oh, and World Embryo is greenlit to have an anime version this coming anime season. I liked it for a while, then it got stale. But, seeing it animated might add a different 'dimension' to it.:iconchibiswedenplz:It'll be interesting to hear what the characters will sound like, the music, seeing the 'flow' of it, etc. There was only one other manga I read before I watched the anime version, and that was Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge or The Severing Crime Edge. That was quite interesting. They followed it pretty closely, but ended it early. The manga's still going, so maybe sometime in the future they'll pick up the anime version again.:iconfinallyplz:I kind of doubt it, though.

I was able to write more of the 12th chapter of my nightmare anthology, play my clarinet, color more of the drawing of my characters' (from Alliance) clothes and accessories (almost done with them), edited more of Junko (character from Alliance) from the exaggerated expressions meme, started the translating 'process' of that article in You Maga, practiced writing some sentences in Japanese, studied a kanji (found out one of the dictionaries I use has a mobile site version, which is pretty handy), practiced my Japanese on JapaneseClass' online site, and read some articles in Japanese on Asahi's mobile site (that was interesting) this past week, too. So, I've had pretty good week.:iconeestiplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment