Wednesday, November 2, 2016

National Authors Day!

Mood::iconthinkinghkplz:

This holiday was yesterday. Yay! A day just for authors! They should be appreciated more. I'm not just saying that because I am one.:iconkikuplz:Authors have the ability to create worlds, open people's minds, to educate, give people an escape, etc. Pretty amazing!:iconawwwplz:It was also National Vinegar Day. I love vinegar! It makes some dishes more intense and flavorful. Also, one of my fave types of potato chips are salt and vinegar. Malt vinegar is good with fish and chips. Some people say that vinegar is the 'secret' ingredient they use for baked goods. 
This is my wallpaper for November. It's my birth month. So, I usually use a fun, party-like, feel good, beautiful, etc. one. I think this goes with a laid back feel good one, and is perfect. It's Rin and Kuro from Ao no Exorcist or Blue Exorcist. Kuro also has a much larger form. He's basically a cat demon that becomes Rin's familiar. I don't usually find very many good AnE wallpapers, but I did a couple of months ago. You can look forward to some more of those in the future. Also, the anime version is coming back for a 2nd season. The anime ended in 2011, and is coming back in January. That's a long hiatus.:iconawkwardplz:The manga started in 2009 and is still going. I'm up to date on that. I remember the anime diverged at some point from the manga, and had an original ending. I'm not sure if they're going to go back to the manga, if they can, or it'll just be something totally different. A lot of stuff happened since it diverged from the original plot. I guess we'll see. Still exciting.:la:

My beagle calendar has one sitting on some grass near a body of water, looking on. The info blurb is about their temperament. The fun fact mentions that a beagle was mentioned in Shakespeare's 12th Night. 

My Jewish calendar features a tevah cover, has an anonymous maker; made out of silk, metal thread, copper; from Persia; 1600. I actually had to look up 'tevah cover'. I don't think that term is used that often. It's a cover for a reader's desk. It looks really worn down, but I'm surprised it's from 1600. It's got a floral pattern. Kind of reminds me of a Persian rug design. It also features a parochet, made by Coenraads; out of velvet, cotton, glass, and metal threads; from Rotterdam, Netherlands; 1875. Parochets are curtains that cover the Torah ark. Often times these are switched to a white versions during the High Holy Days. This one's mostly red with a golden-looking design. In that design there's a slightly unrolled Torah, with lots of writing underneath it (It's so small, I can't read it), interesting banner that encompasses it with tassels on the sides, then a stylized crown on top of that, what looks to be stars at the very top with an interesting border separating the stars and the rest of it. Kind of cool. 

The month-long holidays are: Georgia Pecan Month, National Pomegranate Month, Banana Pudding Lovers Month, National Adoption Month, National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo). Some are for important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. I love all those food related ones! I don't think I could write an entire novel in one month.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:That's what NaNoWriMo is about. That's a monumental feat. Even if you're going for the bare minimum amount of words for it.

My birthday's on the 7th!:iconranranruuplz:Coming up fast! Not sure what I'll do for it. Might do a somewhat low key one like last year. Probably will celebrate during the weekend. I kind of got an early present this past weekend. It's an adult dot-to-dot book. I found it at Barnes and Noble, which was the same place I found an adult coloring book a couple of years before. That coloring book was designed by a tattoo artist. Most of them are really cool looking even before coloring them in. I wouldn't personally want a tattoo (for many reasons), but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the art.:iconchibihungaryplz:This dot-to-dot book seems complex and intricate. Probably would be good to focus on when I'm in a lot of pain...:iconberwaldplz:There are animals, landscapes, famous artworks, monuments, etc. that are featured. Some of them have over 400 dots, and some have 2 different lines. One with numbers, and the other with letters. Sounds fun to me. They also encourage people to color them in after completing each one.

I was going to be a pirate for Halloween. Didn't have the makings for one, though. So, I ended up going with an ace flag color theme. All the clothes to it were/are really big on me. Kind of felt like I was swimming in it, but it was still fun.:iconsleepygreeceplz:Used the cat gloves from the costume I wore last year. I don't have too many grey colored things, and the pads to those gloves are. I was going to use my octopus earrings and matching necklace for the pirate costume. I wore them with this one instead. They're silver, so I used it for more of the grey part. Tried to use all the colors for the eye shadow, but they didn't really stand out.:iconpolandplz:Found the most purple-like lipstick I had, which was really fuchsia with 'blue pearl'. Used quite a bit of foundation to make my face look whiter than usual to follow it. It's normally pretty white. I usually have to get either ivory or porcelain colored foundation.:iconusaplz:My face also turns red quite often, so it looks like I'm blushing most of the time. I think I ended up with more of the black in my costume than the other colors. I'm ace, so that's ok with me. The black stands for asexuals or aces. Also, we got Halloween candy just for Dad and I. We stayed in, turned out the lights (that way we didn't have trick-or-treaters), and watched things. I think we watched an episode or 2 of Glitch, which is really interesting. I watched the Lazarus Effect after that. It wasn't that great. Seemed it had some potential at the beginning, but it went off the rails quickly.:icongermanyplz:

I had some spanakopitas for dinner on Halloween. I love spanakopitas! They were from Costco. Turned out pretty good. I cooked them in the oven, like they suggested. Ended up really crispy and flaky on the outside, and soft on the inside. They're packed full of the spinach and cheese filling. (In case you didn't know what it was, and there was more filling than I expected.) Each one was filling in itself.:iconfeelingfullplz:Still have quite a lot left in the box. Of course, I had some candy for dessert. We got these candies: candy corn, mini mounds bars, twix, snickers, milky ways (dark and regular), and 3 Musketeers. The last 4 were a bagged mix, and bite sized. We both love candy corn, which apparently is rare?:iconseychelles-plz:I can only have a few of those at a time, because of how sugary they are. The only candy I don't really care for are the mounds bars. Those are Dad's favorite, so she can have them. I mixed them up in a big bowl, and after having some for dessert, bagged them all together. So, yay! A fun mix!:iconfrancisplz:

On facebook, I posted my thoughts on people telling me they see my mom through me. I've posted in the past about that on here. I mentioned it on fb this time, because I was starting to get a couple more people telling me that phrase. It's incredibly creepy.:icondisgusted-hongkong:Anyways, some people commented about how people look like their parents, and there's no helping it. That wasn't the point of it.:iconinsultedplz:There's a difference between looking like your parents vs seeing them through you. I think some people also don't want to admit that most of my physical traits are actually more like Dad's. They want my mom to still be there somewhere, and force that image on me. That's not cool. Not cool for anyone.:iconlietplz:I did look a lot more like her when I was little, and was even told that we looked like sisters. As I matured, I've looked more like Dad. Also, this saying gets somehow even more creepy with the context that my mom was very sick for a while. Their image of her might be different, but this still frames it a bit more for me. If she hadn't been sick for so long, it wouldn't feel like that. Although, it still would be odd. I'm still glad I put that post out there. It's been eating at me for a while.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:

I went back to watching Naruto Shippuden recently. I stopped because of all the 'fillers' that seemed pointless. I'm only about 3 months behind at the moment, but I can skip the pointless episodes now. (I've skipped a lot of them already.) There are lists for those fillers. So, I'll catch up pretty quickly. Especially if I watch 2 at a time. The episodes aren't that long. (It's the normal length of just over 20 minutes without the opening and ending.) They say there isn't much left of the story, anyways. The manga finished a while ago. There's even a movie, I think, about what happens after the manga. At the point I'm at, it's really good. Even the animation seems high end to me. (It's ranged with quality in that throughout the series.) Almost making the characters seem real. I didn't forget the main story either, which is only getting better. Kind of the reason I'm going back to it is to see how it turns out.

Youtube:
A Naruto Shippuden amv:

A Pandora Hearts amv:

No comments:

Post a Comment