Wednesday, September 11, 2019

11th of Elul

Had a Taco Tuesday night thing yesterday with my parent. We don't usually do that, but it was fun and nice. Since I can't really have the hard corn taco shells, I found little soft flour tortilla taco bowls for myself. Corn is a trigger food (although sometimes I can handle it mashed up), and hard things can scrape up against the scars of my colon. My parent's corn shells came with a taco kit, which had seasoning for the ground beef and taco sauce. We shared that as well as vegetarian refried beans, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. I added a little smoked cheddar to mine. It was delicious! We were thinking of having leftover homemade sausage Mexican rice on the side, but we were too full. Ended up with enough fixings for another night. That might be tonight. I was surprised those taco bowls had 2 to a serving. They were fun. 

It was cold enough today that I put away my fan, and put out/turned on my heater. It's a nice one. However, it uses up so much power that I can't leave it on overnight. It can rotate, which helps heat up the whole room. You can set the temp, an alarm where it warns people and pets if they get too close, and more. I just didn't think I'd need it now. 

Played Fate yesterday. Again, it's an rpg. Your character, along with their cat or dog, goes on quests in the dungeon. You can pick either a girl or boy, but honestly they look similar. Plus, they use the same armor, weapons, and equipment, which is rare for an rpg. The further the level in the dungeon, the more difficult it gets. I think I read somewhere that it's 100 levels deep, but I don't know. Their pets help with fights and carrying extra things they find that might not fit in their inventory. They level up, too. There are some shops to get potions, jewelry, weapons, armor, and other equipment in town. There's a penguin that can enchant things, but it's unpredictable. I think I'm at level 40 of the dungeon. That's the deepest I've gone. My character is a level 35. There's also fame titles. I'm currently famous. Don't know what comes after that. I also have a cat named after Rosie. So, it's like she's there with me. My character is pretty well equipped, has tough armor, and a powerful sword. Yet, they died at level 40. It was the first time with that character that they've died. That's how crazy that level was. When they die, you get 3 choices: 'Death' or the Grim Reaper takes a lot of your xp (experience points) and gold, Death sends you to a random level (could be much further down), or makes you leave all of your gold where you died and sends you a few levels up. For the last one, you have a time limit to get back to your gold, otherwise it disappears. I chose that. I actually managed to get to my gold in time and defeated all the monsters on that level. Yay! I'm a little scared to go deeper. I've also noticed the bigger the monster, the easier they are to kill. Don't know why. They're scarier looking, though. There are huge ogres, dragons, griffins, yetis, ones that look like huge brains, and more. The little poisonous spiders are super annoying, there are also tiny imps that stab you rapidly. The unicorns are cool looking, but somehow they made them scary, too. I might play some Sims 2: Seasons next.

Went through all of the Language unit and started the S. Past 2 one of Duolingo's Dutch course. Stumbled a few times on pronunciations of some of the new words. Made it to placing 8th in the Sapphire League. Not bad. Pretty much where I ended up yesterday, but had to work my way back up since other people got to it today, too.

I think I fixed Junko's legs enough. They look better, at least. Added a faint outline of her clothes. That'll cover a lot of the strangeness anyways. 

Edited more of Alliance. Made it to chapter 6. 3 pages of the ebook, and 5 of the print. There was quite a messy section that I didn't see before. I'm happy I picked up on it. 

Practiced my clarinet. Finished the Irish tunes book, and got to playing some klezmer. The Irish tunes book isn't really a 'book'. It's actually a print out of an email someone sent with the pages stapled. It's really battered looking, too. My klezmer book is breaking down, as well. I love playing klezmer. I'm playing better than I expected this week. My fingers seem to be getting more flexible again the more I play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment