Friday, September 13, 2019

International Chocolate Day!

I love chocolate! It's apparently because of Milton S. Hershey's birthday, who was born in 1857. I guess it's more like a Hershey's Chocolate holiday. I guess I'm celebrating by having a chocolate chip mug cookie later. Not a Hershey's thing, though. It's also Friday the 13th. In Judaism, 13 is a very lucky number. So, I find it odd how there's this huge thing about it being unlucky. 

On Wednesday, I did get to playing the Sims 2: Seasons. The sim I was playing with got electrocuted trying to fix his trash compactor. I thought he could handle it, but then again he didn't have any mechanical experience yet. I thought he was going to die...It went on for a while. The maid wasn't sure what to do, but freaked out. He looked funny afterwards. I should have just called for a repairman for him. He already has a crush on a guy. I wasn't planning on that. My sims tend to fall for multiple people, though...Oh, and he keeps peeping on the only other neighbor that I created in that neighborhood so far through his telescope. They haven't met yet. That neighbor is supposed to be a 'villain' in the story. (Based on Alliance.) Funny in that sense. The sim I played with is the main character. 

Felt awful yesterday. Both my arms were in a lot of pain (more than usual), felt kind of like I had a cold, and didn't sleep well. Makes me wonder if the tacos had anything to do with that 'sick' feeling. Didn't sleep very well last night, either. I think the pain in my arms has died down a little today. I stopped taking Tylenol PM, since they say you shouldn't take it for extended periods of time. Plus, my face felt dry and painful every morning. This may have contributed to having a hard time sleeping. I still feel like a mess. 

Went to a local Indian restaurant last night for a Dine Out for the county schools. A portion of the proceeds from participating restaurants are donated to the schools. Last year, we went to our fave local Thai place. The Indian one is also another fave. I needed comfort food, and it was on the list. Got my faves: aloo chat (potato and bread salad), chicken tikka masala, and shared some garlic naan. It was nice and comforting. The garlic naan had a lot more garlic than expected. It was huge, too! The aloo chat makes for an awesome breakfast the next day. I always take home a lot of leftovers from there. Another one on the list was a local ice cream place, so we went there for dessert. I decided to try their banana split ice cream. It's banana ice cream with caramel swirls and chocolate shavings. The banana part tasted a little too ripe. Not many swirls. A little too many chocolate shavings. It wasn't bad. A thunderstorm started shortly before we left that Indian place and lasted while we were at the ice cream one. Made for a little excitement. There was quite a bit of lightning. We had a much bigger storm a few days ago. We don't get thunderstorms that often, and when we do they're usually very short lived. It's odd, but like nature's putting on a show. 

I did get to studying my Dutch yesterday and today on Duolingo. Finished the Technology unit and started the Passive one today. As of right now, I'm at 7th place in the Sapphire League. If I continue it during the weekend I might get higher up. The 1st chest (or bronze one) is awarded to the one who places 3rd by the end of the week. Not sure if I can get to that point. 

Youtube:

One Piece:


Scrapped Princess (I haven't seen this in a very long time. In fact, I remember watching it with my college anime club. I thought it was mostly depressing, and had forgotten about the humorous side of it):

Matantei Loki Ragnarok or Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (Another one from back then. I really liked this series, and miss it. I suppose I can always go back to it):


+Anima (this one's actually a manga music vid. I liked the manga itself, and this was well put together. I'd so watch an anime version of it):

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon-Slaying Blade):


One Punch Man (this fits a little too well):

No comments:

Post a Comment