Friday, June 13, 2014

National Strawberry Shortcake Day!

Mood:

One of my fave desserts!:iconinloveplz:This is actually tomorrow. Last night I had Red Lobster's strawberry shortcake in a jar. So, it's like I celebrated it early.:iconjustahappyplz:It was so good! Tomorrow is also Family History Day and National Bourbon Day. Interesting mix of holidays.

Yesterday was Dad's birthday.:party:We went to Red Lobster to celebrate. I love their 4-course meal deal, since it seems like a great one. Apparently, they stopped carrying the spicy chicken tortilla soup I usually get for my 'soup' part.:iconnataliaplz:So sad. I can't eat any of the soup options now.:iconusaplz:There are only 2. (They took out the Key Lime pie for a dessert option as well, so that's limited too.) One with clams, and the other with bacon. I don't eat shellfish or pork products.:iconhongkongplz:Maybe they're going to revamp it soon or something. 

But, in the meantime, I asked if I could substitute a side for it. They said I could, so I got their 'crispy red potato wedges' to replace it. Got the Caesar salad like usual. Which was pretty good.:iconitalyplz:I got the wood-grilled tilapia entree. It comes with broccoli and a choice of one side usually. I got mashed potatoes for it. So, I technically had 3 sides.:iconseychelles-plz:They even had the potato wedges on the same plate as the rest. I love potatoes, so the more the merrier!:iconfrancisplz:I could eat them all day! It was all pretty good. I saved a little more than half of everything. Only had one out of the 5 biscuits, and brought the rest home. I love those too!:la:So, I did pretty well. I'll have lunches and snacks set for a little while. 

I asked for the red velvet cake in a jar at first, thinking that was all they had. (I like the cake in a jar specials, so I usually substitute it for my dessert option.) The waitress told me they might be phasing it out, but they can still do it. Then, I looked at their extra drinks/dessert menu display. They had the strawberry shortcake one listed instead of what was on the regular menu. I felt a little guilty, but asked if I could change it to that.:iconswissplz:They did. (Our waitress was awesome!) It has a ton of strawberries, lemon pound cake, vanilla pudding, and whipped cream. Apparently, in the pic it's supposed to come with a mint leaf, but mine didn't. That's ok. I didn't need it. It was so good!:iconchibispainplz:I ate the whole thing since I did so well with the rest of the meal. 

After that we looked around Barnes and Noble. Their Judaica section is seriously lacking.:iconhanatamagoplz:In fact, the bottom half of the shelves in that section are books on Buddhism. They should be in the section next to it...:iconkikuplz:I think they had one new book, and it was huge. I watched the documentary, and it was pretty good. But, I don't think I could read the whole thing without getting sick of it halfway through, if that.:iconwtfromanoplz:I saw a book that has about 10 short Japanese stories in Japanese with the English translation on the side. It also has notes at the end about each story. It looks like it would be really interesting. Maybe I'll get it in the future. Also, saw a kanji dictionary that went into a lot of detail for each entry. How to write it, how many strokes it had, on (original Chinese) and kun (native Japanese) readings, common compounds as examples, pronunciations for names, etc. They're even categorized by their radicals. Really cool too. Looked handy.:iconberwaldplz:

I've been feeling kind of crummy the last couple of weeks.:iconlietplz:I realized yesterday morning that it might be because I'm seriously blocked up again. When I woke up, I felt the same piercing pain I did back from when I went to urgent care for it. It also makes my belly look much bigger and swollen. Kind of disturbing.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:I thought the belly thing was just because I wasn't being as serious about my fitness stuff for a while. But, it makes sense that I'd be blocked up. I stopped having my fiber 'gummies' for a little more than a week, and wasn't eating fruit either. I'm usually really good about that stuff. Especially the fruit part. I think anyone would have this problem after that.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:So, I got a laxative again. This time I'm trying a pill form. It's ex-lax. I really hated milk of magnesia.:iconromanoplz:That stuff was like drinking paint or liquefied latex. Not sure which one, probably a mix between. The pills I tried last night obviously didn't have a taste or weird texture. So, that was a plus. I'm feeling slightly better already.:iconfabulous-hongkong: 

Alice no Toge is getting really intense.:iconawkwardplz:There are so many twists and turns. I really could live without the fake love triangle. Asumi's new 'friend' is super shallow, and doesn't let her explain it. She's just getting close to Yuma so she can be closer to getting info on his father. The rest of it has been really riveting.:eager:I hope she'll be able to take down Yuma's father, who's the head of the department. Every time she gets evidence, he destroys it somehow. He was the one that essentially killed her father. He was behind it all. He told a nurse to administer a drug to Asumi's father. Little did she know, but he had a condition where if he took it, he'd hemorrhage out. They couldn't stop the bleeding, and that's what started everything. Still don't really know why he did it. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Naruto Shippuden has finally gotten back to the main story for the last couple of episodes.:iconranranruuplz:It's really getting intense. Neji was killed, but that only made Naruto and the allied forces fight back with more vigor. Naruto was able to share the Kyuubi's (9-tailed beast. Which is a fox) chakra with everyone, so they're all much more powerful now. They were able to at least knock off Madara and Tobi from the head of the Juubi (10-tailed beast). (Not sure what 'beast' this one is supposed to be. Some have a mix of them. Like Hachibi or 8-tails is a cross between an octopus and a bull.) I think Madara and Tobi looked rather scared when they fell, or at least extremely surprised. Orochimaru and Sasuke's group are back in Konoha. It feels weird to see Orochimaru alive.:icongermanyplz:He wasn't reanimated, just basically living inside Kabuto. He's pretty creepy. At the end, Orochimaru reanimated 4 of the hokages back to life. One of them being Naruto's father. Should be interesting to see how he'll react to that. He's never really seen his parents other than what the Kyuubi has shown him or what they left inside him. Not sure if they're going to fight the allied forces, Madara and Tobi, or just the Konoha ninjas. I guess I'll find out. They really need to give them a break.:iconwtfukplz:Oh, and Ino's and Shikamaru's fathers might have been killed by a bomb that fired from the Juubi which was aimed at Konoha. That's the thing, if the bomb went off in Konoha, why wasn't it in ruins when Sasuke and his group went through? Was it before? Oh well.

Wrote more of the 9th short story of my nightmare anthology. For next time I'll probably finish the writing part of this one. Then, I'll have to go over it and edit it again. Played my clarinet. Did a lot of klezmer tunes. Sounded pretty good. 

Did my nails. This time they're a purplish/dark lilac kind of color with lots of glitter. It doesn't have a name. But, I really like it.:iconchibihungaryplz:Kind of fun and party-like. I forgot that it had glitter in it. The pieces are very small, so it actually sticks pretty well. And, kind of has a more shiny effect. Also, goes on nice and smooth. 
日本語
Studied the kanji: . If pronounced as (hi): sun, sunshine, sunlight. As よう (you): yang (i.e. the positive); the open (i.e. a visible place). As 陽に or よう.に (you.ni): visibly, openly, publicly. 陽気 or ようき (youki): cheerful, jovial, merry, lively; weather, season; spirit of yang. 陽光 or ようこう (youkou): sunshine, sunlight. 太陽 or たいよう (taiyou): sun, solar. Started studying the kanji 様. I'll finish that next time. 

Did some kanji/vocab practice on JapaneseClass' site. Did pretty well again. Wrote out more of that section of the article in You Maga. Almost done with the writing/typing out part. Next, I'll actually get to start the translating process of it. Read an article in Japanese on Asahi's site about the singer Gakt starring in a new samurai-themed drama in August. It was interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment