Friday, June 21, 2019

18th of Sivan

I realized I can't really sleep with the wedge pillow. It's too firm and I can't turn very well on it. I naturally toss and turn, and when I can't move much it makes me feel really stiff the next day. Neck was hurting more, too. I decided to just use my regular pillow last night. Not propping it up on the headboard or anything. Just flat. That pillow is rather 'full' and lifts my head naturally. It's not like my previous pillows and it's still rather new. I was able to toss and turn freely. Even just laying on my back was better. I've decided to use the wedge pillow during the day for things like watching Netflix, checking my phone, etc. That way I'll still have a time where I'm propped up a certain way. It's not in the 'pillow' position, but a seat-like one. The regular pillow is in front of it for more cushion. I still hurt in the morning, but certainly not as much.

Did more of Duolingo's Dutch course. Finished the Pr. Per. 1 unit and made it halfway through the Shopping one. Finished shading in the drawing of Shadow in Photoshop. Might post later today or tomorrow. Edited more of Alliance. About a page left until chapter 19. Again, there are 20 of them. I was surprised by the amount of mistakes this time. Feel a bit embarrassed that I put it out there a while ago with all those. At least it'll be better with the revised edition.

Finished The Umbrella Academy on Netflix. They left it on a huge cliffhanger. Good thing there will be a 2nd season. Next will be High Seas, which is also on Netflix. It's a Spanish mystery/detective drama. Basically a whodunit on a luxury ship bound from Spain to Brazil in the 1940s. Seems to be from the viewpoint of 2 sisters. Haven't watched too many Spanish shows, so that will be fun.

I might be going to Bainbridge Pride this Sunday. Not exactly sure. Went last year, and I think that was their 2nd year. They had a few food trucks, a bakery booth, lots of arts and crafts booths, live music, and more. It was fun last time. Just a different atmosphere than most Pride fests. I remember not seeing too many actual Pride-related merch at booths, which was a bummer. Maybe it'll be different this time. I think they were still ironing out the kinks back then. 

Trans Pride Seattle will be next Friday. I really liked it last year. There's a parade and then a fest right after. I waved my genderqueer flag last time. Probably will again. I really want to go. It's nice that people cheer us along the parade route. They throw candy at us, too. This year there's apparently going to be a protest group. I didn't notice that sort of thing last year, because I was more in the middle of the huge mass of people. Plus, someone walking next to me really wanted to talk while we marched. She was cool, but that was distracting. Hopefully those protesters don't try anything. The fest has trans performers (comedians, musicians, and more), trans-related or Pride in general booths, lots of candy, I think food trucks, etc. It's awesome! I met the Seattle Nonbinary Collective there. Most of their regular meetings aren't open to allies, but they do have many events that are open to everyone. Those events sound really fun, and I totally understand why they only want other enbies at the regular meetings. They're the only non-binary specific group I know of in the region. There were several booths with pronoun pins, which was interesting to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment