Wednesday, June 26, 2019

23rd of Sivan

Had my primary doc's appointment on Monday. I thought she really wouldn't take me seriously, considering she hasn't responded to my messages and skipped my phone appointment (of which she scheduled for me). Plus, she's overwhelmed with all the stuff I'm going through. She did take me seriously, though.

I apparently have tendinitis in both wrists, and seborrheic dermatitis. I have a feeling after leaving, that I have tendinitis in other areas, too. She said I should rest my wrists, and wear splints on them at night and when it really hurts. Easier said than done to rest them if it's both. I got 2 wrist compression braces. I'm hoping that's the same thing. It has felt slightly better at night and the little while I had them on yesterday. I thought they'd be too small, because my wrists are rather wide. My hands are small for things like gloves. Makes it a little hard to figure out which size. I got the small/medium ones. They might be slightly too big on me. They're the smallest size, and I don't think it's by enough to go smaller if there were a smaller size. I feel like I'm wearing thin fingerless boxing gloves that are thick around the wrists. She also was more specific about how much Tylenol I can really have for my pain in general. It's as much as Tylenol Extra Strength says on the bottle.  

I was worried about my hair falling out, so she took a look. She noticed redness, flakes, and a couple of other things in addition to the bald spots. That's when she said I have SD. It's a skin infection that causes an itchy reddish rash with greasy, flaky, yellow skin patches. From what I've read, it can affect other areas besides the scalp. I'm wondering if my eyelids, forehead, and tips of ears have it? She said it can cause hair loss. Beforehand, she also seemed to say hair loss is normal with age or common in general. I don't buy that, especially for myself and it's not like I'm that old. She said it could be hormones or numerous other things, if not the SD. 

She suggested using a tar-based or other medicated shampoo to help with itchiness and to get rid of flakes. I got Selsun Blue. It's more selenium sulfide-based, but it actually says on the bottle that it can be used for SD. It's been a very long time since I've used that or tar-based shampoo. Had a horrible time with dandruff back then. It wasn't SD, though. (As far as I know.) I got the moisturizing kind, because there were no shampoo and conditioner combos for it. Conditioner helps with how dry my hair gets, so I tend to look for ones that have both. Don't have to get another bottle that way. I figured the moisturizing one would be similar. I used it yesterday. I had forgotten the smell. It's not necessarily bad, just weird. Seems to be the only downside to it. It got most of my flakes. I feel a little less itchy, but it still seems irritated. 

She wants me to start using an oil-based steroid called Derma-Smoothe Scalp/FS or Fluocinolone Acetonide. I'll rub it in, put a shower cap over it, and sleep with it like that. I think she said it won't be every night. They didn't have it at the pharmacy there, so she's mailing it to me. It's supposed to help with 'scale' (sounds nasty...), tightness, and other aspects of SD. It may stop the hair loss, and it could regrow after that. It sounds kind of messy and potent. Hopefully, it works.

I'll try to get an appointment with a dermatologist soon. The last time I tried, they had me call the local Silverdale one. They didn't have anything until October. They suggested looking into out-of-network places. The other side of that is they only were looking at openings at the Silverdale one. Not at the other clinics within-network. I told my primary about this. She said the one I would have seen in Silverdale would not have been best for me anyways. She suggested asking about the other clinics, too. One that she highly recommended was in Seattle. I think a dermatologist would definitely help me with a lot of this stuff. 

Finished shading Shadow in Photoshop, and posted him on Instagram and dA. I was surprised to get any faves on dA. Didn't get as many likes as I usually get for a drawing on Instagram. Maybe not many saw it on there. I think my next character will be Junko. Hopefully, I'll practice different perspectives this time, too. 

I'm well into editing chapter 19 in Alliance now. There are 20 of them. So close to the end! 

With Dutch, I finished the Te + inf. and Emergency units in Duolingo's course. Sometimes it feels like it doesn't pick me up well in the speaking exercises. I have to come close to yelling into it sometimes. Still, I'm surprised with how much my pronunciation has improved. At least, according to what it does pick up. It's good to know some of the emergency terms. Next, it's the Feelings 1 unit.

Finished watching Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin or Midnight Occult Civil Servants. It was pretty good. The design seemed similar to some josei anime. Josei is aimed at adult women. Interestingly, the series isn't under any gendered category. I like that. It was interesting to see an, at least, gender nonconforming character. Might have been nonbinary. He's a g-d, though. A trickster and chaos-based one at that. Not the best representation. However, now that I think about it, one of the officers might be gender nonconforming. Everyone thinks he's a woman at first. He's adamant about being a man. Might be a trans man with how they framed it. That's cool, too. They didn't show a background history on him. Besides their boss, I think he was the only main character that didn't have his shown. Essentially, they didn't make a big deal out of it after he corrected people. He's human and a scientist, so that's good. The Anothers were interesting. Angels, demons, g-ds, Pandora with her box, tengu, fairies, etc. were what they considered Anothers. A lot of different types of mythology from around the world, not just Japanese ones. The officers help those Anothers and make sure humans don't interact or are harmed by them. Arata is the only one that could really communicate with them. His nickname is Ears of Sand. He can see, hear, understand, and talk to them. Before he joined the team, the officers went off of body language and behavior in general. Only people who can see Anothers can join, so at least they had that. Still, they often pissed off the Anothers instead of helping them. The last episode was about an old Ukrainian bear g-d. He had amnesia after his vessel broke. Arata spent most of the episode looking for a home for him and clues to his memories. He only knew that he liked honey, often eating an entire huge jar of it for a meal. He tried a specific honey that he realized came from his homeland, which was Ukraine. His memories came back soon after that. There just so happened to be an ancient artifact from Ukraine on exhibit at a museum that was about to be shipped back to that country. He chose that as his vessel, and it was a way for him to go back home. It was a touching episode. Especially, after the angstiness of the previous couple of episodes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment