Friday, March 1, 2019

National Peanut Butter Lovers Day!

I love peanut butter, but a little goes a long way. My fave is crunchy with extra pieces. Feels like I'm actually having something substantial. However, that's a type of trigger food for me now. Fortunately, I can have the creamy version, but it's not the same...Peanut butter's very versatile. Good in many different sandwich combos (not just with jelly), makes an awesome sauce (The Thai/Vietnamese ones are addicting!), used in many desserts, in stews, and so much more. 
This is my wallpaper for March. It's some of Midoriya's (aka Deku's) class at UA in Boku no (My) Hero Academia. Deku is on the front left corner. Thought it would be a fun one. I think it's a play off of one of the ending sequences. 

The month-long holidays for March are: National Celery Month, National Frozen Food Month, National Noodle Month, Irish-American Heritage Month. Some are for important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. 

For my Jewish calendar, the main pic's of a bronze statue of people standing on a ledge and what looks like a wall on the side. It's titled Exodus. It was made in 1950. It's a little strange looking. The smaller pic's of a embroidered velvet Torah mantle from 1966. They don't feature such recent stuff that often. 

For my elements calendar, it's Mercury this time. I've always found mercury interesting. They mention how dense it is and that people can float on it. They also mention how people were so into it before they realized it was toxic and could drive people crazy. They show mercury batteries, a pool of it for the main pic, an old ceramic flask for holding dental mercury, and tuna sushi mentioning how mercury can accumulate in large fatty fish like tuna. 

For Korean, I've made it to level 3 of Basics 2 in Duolingo. Going faster than I thought I would. I might end up finishing before the 3-month mark I shoot for for languages. Maybe I'll go back to it in the future to study it longer. I've thought about writing out the sentences, and possibly saying them into speech-to-text to see if I'm saying them right. Also, to get sentences down. That might prolong it a little. Would be interesting to write the language out, too.

Edited more of the full-body drawing of Shadow. The lines looked too thick, so I started thinning them down with his hair. Had to zoom in closely. Might take me longer, if I do this for the rest of it, but I think it looks better already. 

Edited more of Alliance. Made it to chapter 15 today. There are 20. This was much faster than I expected. Also, counted how many pages I've gone through this week. I don't usually. Went through 12 pages for the ebook and 18 pages for the print version. I've been lagging behind lately on it, but this week it seems like I got through a lot. Yay! Hopefully, next week it'll be the same or more. 

My Roommate is a Cat has been great so far. They really captured how cats actually behave. Showing what life was like for Haru as a stray was surprisingly dark for a rather light-hearted series. One of her siblings died, 2 were taken in by a large family because they were curious, the cats that looked after her and her siblings were most likely killed by crows (they implied it), and she lost track of her remaining sibling. It was cool that he ended up being adopted by the girl from the pet store, Nana, that befriended Subaru. She lives in the same neighborhood. Haru was able to meet her brother when she became stuck to Nana's key chain after she had left Subaru's. She was giving him advice on how to properly feed Haru. (She was getting a little pudgy.) Subaru couldn't get the key chain off himself, and just ran after her with Haru in his arms. She asked them over so she could help Haru. Haru and her brother will get to see each other in the future. The most recent episode reminded me of one of my close friends in junior high through high school. Hiroto is essentially a male version of her, and he's a close friend of Subaru's. His behavior, personality, the way he interacts with both Subaru and Haru, usually bringing his mother's food to Subaru's (often my friend's mom would give her food and occasionally other things to give to me), etc. sounded so much like her. It was uncanny. She was like a whirlwind, but a good person too. 

Youtube:

Mix:

Bleach:


Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler):

One Piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment