Wednesday, October 3, 2018

24th of Tishri

I've kept up with my sit-ups. Up to 25 of them twice a day this week. I decided to do my push-ups a little differently last night. I usually do 'normal' ones, but I don't think I had the best form for them. It had been a while since I did them on a regular basis. Plus, my muscles are really weak now, especially in my arms. Having malabsorption issues messes with it. I still occasionally have that. Certainly not as often as I did when I first started having symptoms of colitis. My muscles were slowly weakening beforehand, too. This just made it progress faster. So, I caved and decided to start with 5 of them twice a day again, only for more than a week. Also, doing them with my knees or the 'easier' way. It used to be how they told the girls to do them in PE, which was pretty sexist. Anyways, it's probably perfect for me right now, and to work my way up to the normal ones. So far, it feels like my form is close to what it should be with the knees. Felt right. The only thing I'm finding a little difficult is going down far enough. I'm getting there. 

I'm finding a lot of bugs with Duolingo's Russian course. The recordings are awful most of the time, and there have been cracks in the sound. There are still no speaking exercises. I don't want to start with another course on a different app, and it's mainly to see how much I can remember. It's still really disappointing. It seems they didn't put much effort into it. Certainly not as much as German. Maybe it'll improve as I go further? Hope so.

Read Choujin Gakuen or Supernatural Academy. It's getting even more interesting. The greatest swordsman in the World's Strongest Committee's base apparently knows Adam. She was going to kill him until she saw his face. She's infatuated with him. She's also Tarou's mother. She decided to help his group instead of killing them. She found Yoshino, and Yoshino agreed to joining Supernatural Academy. Yoshino gave Uluru her permanent residency card. Permanent residency cards are sought after in that town. It was a big deal to give up. The leader of the group tried to make Yoshino her blindly obedient puppet. Now she's finally deciding something for herself. Hagi is 'secretly' allowing her to leave. He says he's on no one's side, yet he works for the chairman...I feel kind of bad for him, too. His wife just divorced him because of his work, and he lost custody of his child. Pretty heavy. Even Adam and his group felt bad for him. The real reason there are such harsh rules at their base is because they're preparing to go up against some sort of powerful foe. Don't know much about it yet, other than another group just broke in. They mentioned something like the "day has come". And the chairman seemed much more agitated by them breaking in than Adam and co. 

Managed to edit/read more of Alliance. Word definitely has a different 'look' now. It's going to take some getting used to. At least it's not drastically different. Just enough to tell. Went through more than I did with the old computer. It might not take me long to go through the whole thing. Then, I'll go through Alliance: Dawn. Once I'm done with both I'll reupload it to Amazon, and publish it through Smashwords as well. Might go through Sweet Endless Terror at some point, too. 

Practiced my clarinet. Haven't done it for about a week. Mostly played Mozart pieces. Wasn't too bad. I think I need to relax more when I play.

Watched more of Hinterland on Netflix. I'm close to the end of the 2nd season. There's one more season. It's good, but there's a lot of staring, some long pauses, and lots of scenic shots. It looks amazing on my computer. I can see so many details that I couldn't on my phone. 

Watched Black Clover last night. Vangeance, who's the Golden Dawn's captain, virtually destroyed the Diamond Kingdom's invading mages. Yuno who's in the Golden Dawn's squad, took care of most of the rest. It ended with the possibility that Vangeance might be the spy. Yami (captain of the Black Bulls), obviously suspecting him, asked him to take his mask off. We haven't seen him without it. It'd be kind of sad if he was the one. Not sure what Yuno would do. Plus, Vangeance is one of the strongest mages in Clover Kingdom. There were new opening and ending themes this time. The animation was interesting, but the songs were just blah. 

Watched One Piece. It seemed like they've been really stretching out Luffy and Katakuri's fight. They were even getting annoyed with the fight. It was interesting that it was a rubber man vs a mochi man. Mochi can be very sticky, and he can stretch it far. With Luffy, he can stretch and heat himself up to become 'softer' and more fluid as well as tougher. Except for the stickiness, it was pretty close to Katakuri's abilities. He had a trident, unlike Luffy who doesn't usually use weapons. So, he had more of an advantage. He also has 'awakened' his ability like Doflamingo did. He can turn anything he touches into mochi. I wonder if Luffy will awaken his? That'd be interesting. Katakuri can also 'see' a few seconds into the future, but Luffy can sense what's coming. The episode ended with Luffy being smothered by several layers of mochi, and Katakuri walking away to start what he called his ritual. He knew if they had continued to fight Luffy would somehow upgrade, and he didn't want to sit around waiting for that to happen. (Somewhat rare for 'villains' in the story.) I think Luffy acted like he suffocated to death by it. He obviously didn't, and there was a cut scene showing part of him underneath it. The next episode will be about Katakuri's ritual. Supposedly, not even his family has witnessed or been with him for it. No one knows what he does for it. Luffy's probably going to interrupt him. It'd be the perfect time. I hope they end this part soon, though. 

Youtube:

One Piece:



No comments:

Post a Comment