Monday, January 24, 2011

2 More Days!!!

Mood::iconchibipolandplz:


Wow! It's coming up so fast.:iconlachoirplz:I can't wait, but part of me feels like it's coming up too soon.:iconseychelles-plz:Will I be ready by then. I'm going to start packing today. Still have to figure out when I'll take my meds on Wednesday, and when I come back.:hmm:The time change is going to throw me off a bit. Wednesday I'll be up in the air for about 20 hours.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:Crazy! My butt's probably going to hurt, even if I move around a bit. There's only so much you can do. 


Time change will be funny, because Israel's 10 hours different. NYC, itself, is 3 hours different than here. I'm ok with 3 hours, the 10 I'm not so sure.:iconchibijapanplz:I have to remember this stuff when calling my parents, or vice a versa. I wrote back to that person from Kesher, but haven't heard from him since. It was a weird email to begin with. 


I hope they have something like Israeli movies on the plane. It'll make the time go faster.:iconheroamericaplz:Not that talking to people and doing what I brought won't. Just that there's a point where you may be tired of talking, or doing what you brought. There's a big winter storm warning for most of the east coast. I hope it doesn't make us late. But, if I'm with the group already, it's fine.:iconchibicanadaplz:If my plane to NYC is delayed, I'll be a lot more worried. But, I have the American staff's numbers, so I'll use them if I have to. I've never gone to a foreign country. Canada doesn't feel 'foreign', sorry. So, that should be an experience onto itself.:iconhappychinaplz:


Yesterday, I went to a talk on Israel, by an actual Israeli. It was all about his experiences, what it felt like to live there, etc. It felt more 'personal'. He just wanted to show people what it was really like, and educate them. Very interesting. Plus, it didn't help that he was kind of easy on the eyes.:iconenglandispervyplz:There was lots of pamphlets there. (Like thick enough to be small textbooks.)


The speaker was asked to do these talks by a group called Stand With Us. They are trying to promote peace in the Middle East, and educate people about what's really going on. He's staying in the US for 6 months. Hadassah, a youth group, and our congregation sponsored it too. (It was held in our synagogue.:iconsleepygreeceplz:) There was a lot of people. Most of whom, we knew. A lot of them had thought I was over there already. Ended up talking to a lot of people at the end. Some giving me advice, some saying I should visit a certain place, etc. (Funny, because I have to go wherever the group goes, I don't have a choice.:iconkikuplz:) I talked a little to the speaker, too. He said he was a part of Birthright too. Only, as one of the soldiers that join the group at some point. He said it was a lot of fun. All this made me feel even more excited about it. It was fitting to go to something like this just before I leave.:iconfrancisplz:


I'm leaving the house at around 4:30AM on Wednesday. I just know I won't be able to sleep the night before. I'll be too excited! I tried to sleep like normal last night. But, I guess I was too excited, and almost threw up a few times.:iconromanoplz:Then, Rosie decided to meow really loudly at me while I was in bed, and then at Dad. Eventually, she sat on my face. Yeah, good way to keep me up, cat.:iconprussiaplz:So, I slept in a little today. 


Saturday we went to services in the morning, and then Mom led a Tu B'Shevat seder at night. Same place. I feel like we lived there this weekend.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:But, it was all very nice. The Rabbi led the service, and we had a good turn out. The seder was fun, and I love the symbolism of everything. Correction from last time, you're supposed to have 15 different fruits, not 10. I knew that, but everywhere I looked online to make sure, said 10. My type of holiday. I love fruit, nuts, and juice. Plus, it makes you appreciate nature and trees more.:iconthailandplz:Had a good turn out for that too. 


I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog again before I leave. So next time won't be for a while.:iconusaplz:


deviantART faves: Kiwi Truffle Bunny I did not make this! Another truffle bunny to the series. It's cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment