Wednesday, October 9, 2013

National Fluffernutter Day!

Mood::iconberwaldplz:

Yay for fluffernutters!:la:It's a marshmallow fluff and peanut butter sandwich. Really good stuff. I haven't had one in a long time...:iconswissplz:Probably for the best, because it's not that healthy for me. Although, I do occasionally have a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich. This was yesterday, as well as National Pierogi Day. I love pierogies! Especially the cheese, potato, and onion kind.:iconfrancisplz: 

Finished watching Akuryo Byoutou or Demon Ward yesterday. It was surprisingly good, especially towards the end. I wished the episodes were longer, though. About 25 minutes for each one is not much.:iconusaplz:For such little time, they were able to pack a lot into each episode. So, I guess that made for better storytelling as well. Runa being hunched over or having horrible posture got to me a bit, but it was really just a part of the character. She seemed more 'real' since she wasn't perfect. The actress was amazing! Actually, a lot of the other actors were as well. The story had so many twists and turns. It was more fascinating than scary, to me. I'm glad that there was a happy ending to this one.:iconheroamericaplz:

I finally made another appointment to see my therapist. This time should be a lot better. Hopefully, I won't be sick at that time, again.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Had an interesting talk with her over the phone today. She actually seems to care, unlike how my other therapists were. They never called me. 

I've been getting up earlier, and going to bed earlier this week. I feel kind of energized. So, I guess that's a good thing. For some reason it feels like going to bed at about 11:30 is too late and unhealthy for me. I feel like I actually have more of a morning now, too. I'll see how long I can keep this up. Also, got back into doing my sit-ups. Doing 60 of them twice a day this week. Figured that was an ok amount to start with again. Before I stopped I was up to 85 twice a day. So, 60 feels much easier. Also, going back to being more strict about my eating. Hopefully, I'll get to do my late walk today. If not, hopefully tomorrow I can get to both...:iconchibinitalyplz:

Decided to drop the idea of dressing up in a Steampunk outfit for Halloween. Instead I'm going to dress up as Sin Petra, one of the characters from Alliance, my first novel. Should be interesting. I think I have a dress that's similar to what she wears in the novel. It's just not as long...I will have to get things like a wig, accessories, and makeup. Her hair is long and wavy with a dark green color, and each skinny strand looks like a snake that moves up close. She's a medusa. I doubt I'll find hair exactly like that.:iconwtfromanoplz:But, I'm thinking of getting either a wig that's dark green, or one that's black with dark green streaks. So, I'll see what I can do. I think this'll be more fun since I can play with it more. I know her more than anyone, considering I came up with her. Her accessories might have more of a Greek theme, considering she comes from there. Yay! Makes me kind of excited just thinking about it!:iconlachoirplz:Makeup should be interesting too. 

In Kakushou, I watched the second half of a 2-part episode. It was about a thief who was caught up in being a hostage in the very house he was robbing. The person who took him hostage was a part of a bank heist, and he was the only one who wasn't able to get away with the gang he was working with. Being frustrated, he ran into a house pushing a man back in who was heading out. Thinking that the man was the homeowner. When he found out, he made the thief be the one to negotiate with the police. A few hours into the hostage situation, the police and thief found out the homeowner's daughter was hiding in the attic. She had diabetes and didn't take her insulin beforehand, so she wasn't doing too well. Eventually, the person who had taken the thief hostage, found the girl and tied her up as well. He has killed before, and was willing to kill her if he felt that she was useless to him. The thief was even more on edge, considering he's been protective of kids since he lost his daughter recently. Eventually, they found a secret way of getting into the house (thanks to another thief who once robbed the owner of the house years ago), and saved the hostages. I'm glad they didn't have to hurt anyone. There was a dog just outside that kept alerting the criminal of their SWAT team's presence. A sniper managed to shoot its leash off, and it ran away. Everyone thought that he was going to kill the dog. All in all a good couple of episodes.

Wrote a bit more of my 2nd short story for my nightmare anthology. It's going in a lot of different directions that I wasn't expecting.:iconseychelles-plz:Very interesting. Oh, and I saw that the local synagogue actually featured my first novel today in the weekly newsletter. Since I didn't hear a response to my email, I thought they didn't want to do it. I looked at my Smashwords' page views for Alliance right after I saw that, and the views started to really pick up. Feels kind of good, yet scary knowing people are really looking at it.:iconchibiaustriaplz:

Started watching Tokyo Ravens today. I'll talk more about it in the future. Really liking it so far, though. Watched a couple more episodes yesterday and today of Hitman Reborn. Getting exciting and interesting as well. Tripeace has been really good. Found out there was a group promoting the exact opposite of what Tripeace is. Tripeace tries to promote love and peace. This other group is brainwashing members of Tripeace into losing hope of peace, and making them attack other members. They wear animal skulls. Kind of creepy. 
日本語
Today I studied 2 kanji. The first one was: . When pronounced as いき (iki): breath, breathing; tone, mood. As そく (soku): son. That last one is ok to use for 'son', but 息子 or むすこ (musuko) is preferred. The other kanji was: . When pronounced as すみ.やか (sumi.yaka): speedy, prompt, smooth. As そく (soku): (suffix) gear, speed. As はや.い (haya.i): fast, quick, hasty, brisk. As はや.める (haya.meru): to hasten, quicken, expedite, precipitate, accelerate. 速度 or そくど (sokudo): speed, velocity, rate. 早速 or さっそく (sassoku): at once, immediately, without delay, promptly. 加速 or かそく (kasoku): acceleration, speeding up. 減速 or げんそく (gensoku): deceleration. 音速 or おんそく (onsoku): speed of sound. 光速 or こうそく (kousoku): speed of light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment