Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Simchat Torah

Mood::icondenmarkgrinplz:

It started last night and goes until sunset today. Our congregation had its thing for it at 5 today. I thought that was a bit early.:iconwtfukplz:Maybe last night would have been a better time to have it. There's no food, just candy, and schnapps for the adults. So, probably would have been good at like 7:30 or so. It is fun dancing around with the Torahs, singing, and seeing the scroll unfold across the room. The other congregation had one the day before the actual holiday. I think they had their Torah rededicated during it. 

I had a really horrible gory dream.:iconchibichinaplz:I haven't been so 'spooked' by one in a long time. It was more disgusting than scary, honestly. It was enough to wake me up, and feel paranoid about falling back to sleep. Like someone was going to eat me once my eyes closed. It felt a bit surreal. Even when I got out of bed, the weather seemed to fit the same theme or mood. Dark, greyish, cold, and cloudy. It eventually turned out to look like a nice day, but stayed a bit chilly. I always have nightmares, but some stand out or get me more than others. At some point, in the future, I might make another novel that's filled with those nightmares' stories. It might be too much for some. I've scared quite a lot of my friends just talking about a couple of them. (Some were horror fans.) One thought I was 'possessed'. That was a bit crazy. Maybe my mind's just a tad warped.:iconbraginskiplz:

I was going to start a new drama, but none of the new Fall season ones are up yet. Wrote like crazy today!:la:Got up to just a few words shy of 70,000 for Alliance. They say the minimum for a sci-fi/fantasy novel is usually 80,000. So, I'm heading there. Wahoo!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:
Started watching another new anime called Shin Sekai Yori, or From the New World. It's very interesting and seems pretty unique so far. It takes place 1000 years into the future. Civilization has been retrograded and humans are living dispersed among small communities. People in this era have a psychic power called Juryoku, which materializes things they imagine. In the absence of scientific technology, people are using this power as a major source of energy. There's already quite a bit of mystery, and a touch of horror (more like gore in the first few minutes) intermixed with supernatural stuff. Not sure exactly where it's going, but it has loads of potential. That might be a good thing to not know where it's headed. Makes it exciting and interesting. Quite a different take on most anime/regular shows that take place in the future.
日本語
Kanji for today was: . Or: めい、な.く、な.る、な.らす (Mei, na.ku, na.ru, na.rasu). It means: to chirp, bark, cry, echo, honk, ring, sound, bird's singing, purr, animals making a sound in general, rumble, chime, beat, snort. Compounds were with 、and or tera/ji, yoru/ya/yo, and bai. 寺社 or じしゃ (jisha): temples and shrines. 夜食 or やしょく (yashoku): supper, night meal (literally), late-night snack, midnight snack. 十六夜 or いざよい (izayoi): sixteen-day-old moon, 16th night of every month. 売却 or ばいきゃく (baikyaku): selling off, disposal by sale, sale. 売国 or ばいこく (baikoku): selling out one's own country, treason. 売春 or ばいしゅん (baishun): prostitution. 売買 or ばいばい (baibai): trade, buying and selling. 売名 or ばいめい (baimei): self-advertisement. 商売 or しょうばい (shoubai): trade, business, commerce, transaction. 転売 or てんばい (tenbai): resale. Went over another Japanese lesson. Got everything correct again! Moving on to a new section next time.:iconchibinitalyplz: 

Also, typed up more of that writing meme that features 12 of my original characters. It's been fun so far! I think they'd just kill each if I were to just drop them in the middle of a rainforest, though. But, I'm sticking to the 'script' on the meme. So, I don't have as much freedom with it.:iconwtfromanoplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment